GoPro Hero 3 Red Light of death

Kian_11

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hello, I have a big problem that is commonly referred as "Red light of death" on google. This causes the GoPro to completely freeze up becomming unusable. Nothing displayed on top or on any screen, nothing happends when you press any buttons exept for a red light in the back top left corner of the camera. Its the only sign of "life" that appears when you plug it in to charge or when you put a charged battery in it. I tried EVERY fix I saw on the internet: Hard reset, removing battery, changing cable, changing battery, changing sd, reformating sd............ And still dead. This all started when I did that last firmware update. I really need a fix. I am ready to do anything, even soldering. Ive never done it before but if its the last option I would gladly do it. When I hold the power and shutter button at the same time and then plug it in to the computer, it sais Unrecognised USB device. I tried getting some drivers from the internet to manually add them but I didnt find anything. Please help as soon as you have an answer, anything helps.

Kian_11

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

If you have the same problem you cannot. Im trying to fix it by uploading the firmware by console.