Got a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy On5, has a SD card already being used and has stuff stored on it,ISSUE....im 93% of interna

Tay0125

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
NEED SOMEONE TO WALK ME THRU TO FREE UP SOME INTERNAL STORAGE SPACE (93% FULL IN SMART MANAGER!!!) NOT GOOD BUT I OWN A SAMSUNG GALAXY ON5, NO MARSHMALLOW OS UPDATE AS OF YET JUST CHECCK 4/13/17 EST 11;01PM. IM DUMBFOUNDED AND IM USUALLY A CELL PHONE GENIUS SHOWING OTHERS, I NEED HELP NOW LIKE ASAP PLEASE!!!!! :)
THANK YOU
TAY<3

Please don't type in all caps.

Well, without "Marshmallow" the options are very limited and, to be honest, even if you did have "Marshmallow" considering the manufacturer, it probably still wouldn't work to change the SD card into "Internal" storage. They often block this ability on their devices.

Your best bet is going to be first, move photos, videos, music, etc. (not apps) to the SD card. The fastest way to do that would be to connect phone to a computer via USB cord and then move all the files you want on the card over to an empty folder (or a few folders) on the computer. Then, via the same USB connection, copy them all back over tot he SD card. I say copy as this will leave them on the computer as well, as a backup. Backing up, always a good idea.

After that you should also consider making sure apps are actually closed when you aren't using them. Having them open and going all the time in the background can add a lot of data to the phone.

I would also suggest that you install an app for cleaning. Me I like "Clean Master" but there are many out there.

Please don't type in all caps.

Well, without "Marshmallow" the options are very limited and, to be honest, even if you did have "Marshmallow" considering the manufacturer, it probably still wouldn't work to change the SD card into "Internal" storage. They often block this ability on their devices.

Your best bet is going to be first, move photos, videos, music, etc. (not apps) to the SD card. The fastest way to do that would be to connect phone to a computer via USB cord and then move all the files you want on the card over to an empty folder (or a few folders) on the computer. Then, via the same USB connection, copy them all back over tot he SD card. I say copy as this will leave them on the computer as well, as a backup. Backing up, always a good idea.

After that you should also consider making sure apps are actually closed when you aren't using them. Having them open and going all the time in the background can add a lot of data to the phone.

I would also suggest that you install an app for cleaning. Me I like "Clean Master" but there are many out there.

Rob_91

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

If you have backed up your files to say your computer, turn off your android phone. Hold the volume up button and the Home button and the power button to boot into recovery mode. Wipe/Factory reset. Then Wipe cache. Reboot phone. This will wipe everything from your phone clean. Then move back any files you still want on your phone. I usually leave the pictures on my PC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Android Smartphones 1
B Android Smartphones 2
R Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 5
C Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 3
T Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1