which straight talk sim do i need for the us cellular samsung galaxy axiom 4g lte says its compatable but its a cdma phone and

beez9981

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
which straight talk sim do i need for the us cellular samsung galaxy axiom 4g lte says its compatable with straight talk sim and it says pick att or tmobile when its neither im confused and want to get this phone activated asap. someone please let me know thanks

Solution
cdma phones do not need sim cards. there are dual tech phones as long as you are in the US on cdma no sim card needed but when you leave the country it will transfer to gsm. I would think it would not matter which sim card you choose it just tells the phone what network to use so which ever one works where you are.

te100

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
straight talk uses verizon, sprint, and at&t. cdma is verizon there is no sim(unless you leave the country then it becomes gsm). if you go to straight talk site and click bring your own phone then select cdma you enter the meid#. I just did it with a HTC droid incredible.

the only other thing is if your brave enough is to sit down take deep breaths maybe some yoga clear your mind and try calling customer service.:pt1cable: I wanted to kill the last one I talked to getting my phone activated.

beez9981

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

It's a 4g I put the esn in and it said choose a SIM card I did the customer service today with my iPhone I was ready to scream

te100

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
cdma phones do not need sim cards. there are dual tech phones as long as you are in the US on cdma no sim card needed but when you leave the country it will transfer to gsm. I would think it would not matter which sim card you choose it just tells the phone what network to use so which ever one works where you are.

Solution

buuddie

Estimable
May 16, 2014

CDMA phones from Verizon US Cellular and Sprint do not have a sim card for 2g and 3g but they DO have a sim card for 4g LTE I thought the same as you and was corrected at the store when i bought my Samsung Galaxy Mega It is a cdma phone and has a sim card for the 4g US Cellular. I also called Sprint and verizon and was told that they also have to have a sim card for the 4g to work.

raugustsurfer1

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014

Yes but will the sim card work in a us cellular phone didn't in mine its an s3 and I've contacted customer service litre 50 times and they're no help

rayenna

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
I talked to customer service at straight talk. They told me that if the verizon phone has a sim card slot (for LTE) it cannot be used with them. Only verizon phones lacking the sim card slot for LTE can be ported to them. They can port GSM phones with no problem.

_Alley_

Estimable
Nov 13, 2014
I'm having the same problem with my US Cellular Galaxy s4. Straight Talk said that they can not use US Cellular towers to transfer the phone to them. In another thread I saw some one say to use a location that only uses Verizon towers, use that as your location and transfer the phone. My question is: Do I have to be in that location when I activate the phone?

bufkitty

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
I am having no luck transferring my USCellular Samsung Galaxy 3 - tried Verizon and they couldn't get the SIM card to work. Also, was told by USCellular if you go from a contract phone to a pay-as-you-go or similar, the service is not as good and you will experience phone delays because low priority customer.......

lilmissyfrufru

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
I had a verizon htc inspire 612 (which did have an lte sim slot) that I was able to register to straight talk cdma byop straight out of the box from best buy by registering the imei from the phone with a byop sim kit from walmart. There were verizon lte sim cards in the kit....and once the phone was active I put the sim from the kit in the slot and had instant 4g...and THEN a week or so later, obtained a US cellular samsung s4. I did nothing but take the SIM out of the 612 and put it in the s4 and I had full working service. Calls, sms, data , all of it. I sold the s4. Put the same sim back in the 612, same thing. Full service. THEN I bought a US cellular S3. Again, swapped over the sim and everything worked like a charm. It wasnt until I factory reset the S3 it no longer recognized the sim HOWEVER it DOES still recognize my friends SIM from her G3 that she has on verizon service and it will
Allow calls, sms and data. I was also under the impression that cdma sim cards were for 4g only but apparently this isnt the case. After speaking to all involved carriers I have come to the conclusion that none of them have the slightest idea what the hell they are doing...(big surprise) however, to answer your question, I would say buy the kit and put your service on the verizon SIM. This is a risk of course because I have absolutely no technical data to back this up... but this is how it worked for me so please do what you want with that info :)

Liv0726

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015

I just purchased a us cellar Galaxy s4. But before I bought it I went to the straight talk website to check compatibility and was told it was compatible! So if course I proceeded and then bought the SIM kit at Walmart. Now when i tried to hook it up today it wouldn't work. Spoke to about 7 different people and all of them said my phone was not compatible onon their network. I also tried the gsm SIM card. Both said the same message on my phone "invalid SIM". I called us cellular to check unlock status and got the unlock code. But when i out in a foreign SIM and turn the phone back on it doesn't give me the option to enter any unlock code and when i try the unlock code via dialing prompts, i get the message no network access so even that doesn't work. I just spent over $300 on this because St website said it was compatible when i put in the IMEI and my zip code and now I'm stuck. Someone please help!!!!

Raidengod

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Us cellular is not compatible I work at a Walmart where we do activations. If GSM unlocked it may work under attack or t-mobile however Verizon will not work sometimes the network however will accept the Sim of Verizon I seen it happen but if tower notices it will be removed from the network the network access code registers an imei to the Verizon network for that card straight talk is an mnvo and rent the towers from the 4 companies you can bring the phone from with exception of GSM unlock choose att or t-mobile but if lucky you might be able to use Verizon as I had a lucky friend have his phone have an error where he was able to make but not receive a call over a year of being inactive with no number on the phone the towers are not perfect

Lmont25

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
This is totally unrelated, but if you are using a u.s. straight talk sims card do "not" attempt to use your phone outside of the U.S. My mother-in-law did and her phone would not work, even when she returned. We tried everything (trust me), they had to send her a new sims card.