GPU temps at 70c and usage at 93%!!

Douglas Harris

Estimable
May 19, 2014
Alright, I'm having a BIG problem. Since the past couple of days, my gpu would gradually power to 93% usage and temps at 70c while I monitor in msi afterburner. And that's in idle. In games, things get choked up after about 20 minutes of playing. I've searched around the net, and found it could be either my 780 ti is deadening (which is insane after only 2 months of purchase new), virus (already deleted malware with malwarebytes), or driver updates. I've already updated to the driver released today, and it changed nothing. so now, I'm really at a lost on what to do. Guess it's 700 dollars wasted.

Solution
Bitcoin virus. I've been there myself. A complete scan with Bitdefender did it for me "sometimes it hides it self on password protected folders that some Anti Virus cant check" or maybe you've OC'ed it incorrectly.

try putting it on safe mode with internet and check if it still throttles on idle.

skreamlex

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
Bitcoin virus. I've been there myself. A complete scan with Bitdefender did it for me "sometimes it hides it self on password protected folders that some Anti Virus cant check" or maybe you've OC'ed it incorrectly.

try putting it on safe mode with internet and check if it still throttles on idle.

Solution