Gran Turismo 5 Delayed, But Here's Box Art

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Grand Turismo has been one of the best racing games, better to wait for a polished product.[/citation]

Ahh Yes. Please take as much time as you need. I would rather wait for finished polished product also. There are already enough titles out there obviously rushed to market because of a budget deadline. No need to dilute the GT series in that way.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]calem[/nom]This has "we dont want gt competing with gow3 and ff13" written all over it[/citation]

Agreed, Sony doesn't need sales being diverted by the releases of two other big games.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]GTA is on 360, with exclusive additional content available. You should really give the latest Forza entry a whirl on a friend's machine, preferably with the racing wheel. It's pretty awesome - more than once I've heard a GT fan say "I love Gran Turismo, but Forza does it better."[/citation]

I tried the latest Forza for 1 hour and I stopped playing.

Cuz its nothing compared to even my GT5 Prologue.

Forza = Failed.

cyber_jockey

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Been playing GT since the days of the Playstation 1 . It sucks having a pc when this game come out. Man I love doing those license and endurance races. Any1 have a ps3 emulator ?

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]For a racing sim franchise that they have been making for ages, on a console they should be masters at coding for? That's no excuse. Especially given that they have access to the best tools for the system before anyone else. Out of all development teams working on the PS3, there's really no excuse for these guys to get caught with their pants down.[/citation]

Than you know nothing about programing. Every machine is different than another. It's not easy, costs time to do something decent.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Maybe they are trying to make it the best simulator they can...

...because, you know, you can really feel the realism when you're twiddling thumbsticks at a constant 1G on a comfy sofa.

GT3 was awesome, GT4 had its head up its arse. Just release GT5, even if you "only" have 400 cars instead of over 9000, since we're only ever going to use 5 of them anyway.

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I think the art on the cover could be cooler. The pedals should be outlined and able to be seen just like the other half of the wheel.

"since we're only ever going to use 5 of them anyway" if your a car lover and not a tool, you'll play this game and drive certain cars just to drive them and not even race with them. Its not always about beating the game. Its about having a pleasurable experience.

boju

Distinguished
I read a comment made by someone in another forum, he said; it's probably has something to do with Sony's new firmware 3D TV update due out sometime this year. Polyphony are probably waiting on it...

Can't wait to play it. In the other GT series i'd always try to win all gold in at least 2 of the lower tier licenses class(gets too hard for me ;P) and start out with a free car :D

hammond

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Forza 3 is a great game. But it has to many inaccuracies to beat the GT franchise. And if you know cars, you know what I am talking about.

meat81

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I hope to god that it has good car damage and the car tuning is not moving a silly slider like Prologue had. I like to add the tuned parts myself.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I just hate that they might have wasted their time with GT Prologue instead of working on GT5 and finishing that game earlier. We've been seeing the game for 2 years now, what's taking so long to finish it?

I suspect that by now the code is probably finished and all they have to do is a little bit of optimizing and polishing, possibly wrapping things up? Unless they uncovered a big bug that they really want to fix?

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I was waiting for GT5 to come out before getting a PS3, and in the mean time I was given a 360 for my birthday with Forza 2 (in 2007). It's a decent game, and it does some things I had always wished GT would do, but it has some amateur modeling mistakes (mistakes I make when I try to model something relatively simple). Also, the lighting effects in Forza 2 were very disappointing, especially the rendering of metallic paint and such. Forza 3 is a massive improvement in all respects, but when comparing a Ferrari in Forza 3 to the same car in GT5 prologue (similar lighting situation, close-up shots of key areas) the difference was plain as day. There were some things that looked a bit better in Forza 3, but diffused lighting and ray-tracing (pre-rendered?) were not among them and made GT5 look that much more epic in comparison.

Though by this point, I had almost thought Polyphony Digital would have given up on the PS3 altogether and either waited for PS4 or gone and done it for the PC instead. Silly, of course, but with the way the PS3 did early on, can you really blame me?

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I can't believe any of you fanboys dislike Forza 3. I own both systems. I started playing sims with GT (1) but Forza is a darn good game. I'll be preordering GT5. I love racing games regardless of what system they're for. I'm sure GT5 will be better because it's got 3 years more work put into it. At least it had better be an improvement over Forza...

Status
Not open for further replies.