Solved! Graphics card is not being detected

nahor123

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
I have an nVidia 960m installed in my laptop. I noticed that my performance started to suffer, and I checked my Device Manager, and the 960M graphics card was not there, only the Intel Graphics is still there. I tried showing Hidden Devices, but nothing happened. I have tried to install new drivers by going to nVidia's website and downloading the drivers for the 960M, but when I run the installer, it says that it cannot find any graphics hardware, and fails the installation. Please help

Solution
Ensure that your laptop is plugged into power as most laptops will choose to use integrated graphics when they are not plugged into power, from there enter your BIOS and in the system configuration area you should have an option to enable the graphics card all the time or just some of the time. If this doesn't work for you download the GeForce experience program (I know it's terrible) but it should manage to detect your GPU.

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Ensure that your laptop is plugged into power as most laptops will choose to use integrated graphics when they are not plugged into power, from there enter your BIOS and in the system configuration area you should have an option to enable the graphics card all the time or just some of the time. If this doesn't work for you download the GeForce experience program (I know it's terrible) but it should manage to detect your GPU.

Solution