Graphics Drivers issue

Winter Rose

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
I have an Acer Aspire 5560 laptop. Model Number MS2319 if that matters. It was running fine until last night. There was a problem with a hard shut down and then when I turned it back on the resolution was fubar. Plus it won't let me adjust brightness at all. It said I didn't have the drivers for my AMD graphics card. But I downloaded the auto detect and AMD said I did. I uninstalled them and reinstalled them and it is still screwed up. It only shows two resolutions, neither is correct. I still can't adjust the brightness and every time I restart it asks for the drivers again, and the AMD auto detect says they are there.
The card is listed as AMD A6-3400m APU with Radeon HD if that matters. Running Windows 10 64 bit, which I thought might be the problem as the laptop was originally Win 7. But it's been more than a month so I can't roll back.

Winter Rose

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
If I had a way to switch back to Win 7 I definitely would. But it's been over a month so I can't roll back and I don't have a disc for Win 7 even though I have the number for it because it came on the laptop. And thanks I will go check that out.

Winter Rose

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
The first thing seems to have made it worse, as now it's flickering on and off. When I restarted I got this message:

No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD Driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

Ran auto detect. Says uptodate. Lists Processor as a6- 3400m APU with Radeon HD

and the Graphics Hardware as AMD Radeon 6600m and 6700m

Tzn

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
This is for sure the driver for 6600m-6700m series http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64 Catalyst Software Suite 245 MB 15.7.1 7/29/2015
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics as is stated here

restart the laptop and when it's restarting press f8 and a menu will appear, select safe mode, now you will enter in windows 10 safe mode, go to control panel select programs and if you see any AMD display driver uninstall it then again install the driver i mention in this comment, i have researched a bit in the meantime this is all the help i could give you, hope it will fix the problem for you, best of luck.

safe mode tutorial :) http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984712/windows/how-to-enter-windows-10s-safe-mode.html

Winter Rose

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
Thanks very much for trying to help. This problem is apparently not going to be fixed :( I wish I could reinstall windows 7 home premium. Or afford a new laptop. Or find something to fix this one. Still getting the same error message. Same already up to date message. And the device manager still has those stupid yellow exclamation marks over things.

Tzn

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
well find someone that knows how to install windows 7 from a memory stick, all you need is a iso image of your windows 7 cd if you have one and a little program called Rufus and 20 min, the laptop you have it seems that have incompatibility problems with win 10.

Winter Rose

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014

I don't have a disc, I've moved recently and an entire box of discs and manuals disappeared in transit. I also am new enough here that I don't know anyone at all yet.