Greepeace Ranks Nintendo Least Eco-Friendly Electronics Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

omg... what the fudge is up with toms... look at the title... they MISSPELLED THE TITLE ... friggen ridiculous... they have been getting worse and worse

G

... they fixed it so now i look like an idiot lol... how nice

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
don't care what greenpeace has to say. Why bother reporting what the crazy nut jobs say anyway? According to greenpeace 4 billion people should die to save the planet. Seriously stop reporting what greenpeace says. No one cares.

They will cry about chemicals being in the wii but yet these new energy saving lightbulbs are toxic. I had one die on me 2 days ago (ONLY LASTING 8 MONTHS BTW) and the smell was so bad i had to leave the room for a few. It smelled toxic. I have no choice but to through it out and it is probably more harmful than the wii. Yet here is greenpeace promoting such toxic energy saving bulbs.

Just ignore them and they'll go away!

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
The above person has no clue what they're talking about, and sadly they represent the reason Greenpeace is given a bad name. Humanity is the cause of its own undoing.

BigBurn

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Sk8er is somewhat right on the bulbs, here in quebec most of our energy comes from water, thus not making any or low pollution. But then because of groups like greenpeace, the gouverment passed a law that will take off the conventional lightbulbs of the stores selves. So we already lose one of the advantage of those new lights because we dont make less pollution while consuming electricity. Plus, since of our rough winters and yadayada, conventional lightbulbs actually heated the house most of the time and now we actually need to spend more power during winters because we have to give electricity to those stupid bulbs and the heater. So now we are stuck with bulbs that cost twice as before, don't create less pollution (recent studies said if we changed our bulbs to those new ones it will makes more pollution as if we added 44k cars on the street), contain hazardhous material, don't last as long ang we can't use a dimmer on it!

Just to make it short, I always take the things those kind of group says with a grain of salt.

bobmercer

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
No he was spot on. The reason Greenpeace has a bad name is because of their own actions just like that loudmouthed liberal group PETA. They are both nothing more then self righteous hypocritical publicity whores and the world would be far better off without them. Probably the only good thing the French did in recent history was to sink that polluting bucket of rust that Greenpeace would motor around the world in and telling others they need to stop polluting.

jamescarnahan

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
I am so sick of these blow hard liberal groups doing what they can to promote this stupid hoax that is now no longer called global warming but climate change.(because now because it isn't warming but actually cooling) They have to keep a boogey man out there so money keeps rolling in. Funny if you look at their boogey man from the 70's was global cooling. Idiots all of them and all you who drink their Koolaid. Look up pictures of L.A in the 60's and you'll see the smog was so bad that it looked like a foggy day all day every day. Now it is so clean you hardly see any smog yet now there is this so called environmental cotastrophe. Whatever. This hoax is what is making everything in your life more expensive, fuel, food, taxes, yes even your lighting costs will now double. But its all in the name of saving the planet which doesn't need saving. The planet can take care of itself. Why don't we ban volcanoes since just one eruption produces more CO2 then all the cars in the world over a years time. Oh yeah and why don't we just ban cows since their farts are now being blamed for "climate change". What you probobly don't know is your hero Al Gore benefits directly from Carbon credit taxes you liberal idiots pay. It goes right into his bank account. Thats right follow the money. Who cares if there is now 80 parts per billion of CO2 in the air rather than 50, yes thats right parts per billion. CO2 is food for plants, makes them healthy and strong. Notice how good that corn tastes now, mmmmmm more CO2. You exhale CO2, it's called a cycle of life people. Get a grip on reality. Katrina didn't happen because of global warming, Hurricanes happen every year and have always happened every year since the planet was made get over it. You live on the beach, that's the risk you take. SHUT UP GREENPEACE!!!!!!

OK rant is over
have a great day :)

jamescarnahan

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
I am so sick of these blow hard liberal groups doing what they can to promote this stupid hoax that is now no longer called global warming but climate change.(because now because it isn't warming but actually cooling) They have to keep a boogey man out there so money keeps rolling in. Funny if you look at their boogey man from the 70's was global cooling. Idiots all of them and all you who drink their Koolaid. Look up pictures of L.A in the 60's and you'll see the smog was so bad that it looked like a foggy day all day every day. Now it is so clean you hardly see any smog yet now there is this so called environmental cotastrophe. Whatever. This hoax is what is making everything in your life more expensive, fuel, food, taxes, yes even your lighting costs will now double. But its all in the name of saving the planet which doesn't need saving. The planet can take care of itself. Why don't we ban volcanoes since just one eruption produces more CO2 then all the cars in the world over a years time. Oh yeah and why don't we just ban cows since their farts are now being blamed for "climate change". What you probobly don't know is your hero Al Gore benefits directly from Carbon credit taxes you liberal idiots pay. It goes right into his bank account. Thats right follow the money. Who cares if there is now 80 parts per billion of CO2 in the air rather than 50, yes thats right parts per billion. CO2 is food for plants, makes them healthy and strong. Notice how good that corn tastes now, mmmmmm more CO2. You exhale CO2, it's called a cycle of life people. Get a grip on reality. Katrina didn't happen because of global warming, Hurricanes happen every year and have always happened every year since the planet was made get over it. You live on the beach, that's the risk you take. SHUT UP GREENPEACE!!!!!!

OK rant is over
have a great day :)

Scott1483

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
To the idiot above me:
Please die now. You know nothing of what you speak, and are also horrible at spelling and grammar. Let me show why you suck at life:
1.) Global warming and climate change are two phrases to describe the same phenomenon. It has not been "changed" because scientists now think there is actually now "global cooling."
2.) There is virtually no actual controversy among the legitimate scientific community (which excludes nutjob fringe scientists who have never even heard the phrase "peer-reviewed") regarding whether or not the actual global temperature is increasing. This is simply an observation based on measurements, which are rather difficult to refute. It is also accepted among the scientific community that the chances that climate change being a result of human activity are over 90%.
4.) Your "fact" about volcanoes contributing more CO2 into the atmosphere over a year's time than cars is incorrect. This "statistic" originated from your hero, Rush Limbaugh, and the truth is that the chemicals emitted from volcanoes are water soluble and therefore get rained out of the atmosphere, not like the insoluble gasses coming out of your Hummer. You weren't counting on anyone knowing that your arguments were scientifically invalid, were you?
5.) Carbon credit taxes are not deposited directly into Al Gore's bank account. I don't even know where you made that one up from.
6.) Just because something is measured in parts per billion does not mean it is not dangerous. You obviously have no idea of the scientific context these figures are used in.
7.) CO2 is used by plants in photosynthesis, but that does not mean that giving them more of it will make them more "healthy and strong." I almost was starting to relax at this point in your post because I figured you must be just joking, given the absurdity of statements like "notice how good corn tastes now?"
8.) Humans exhale CO2, and it is indeed part of the circle of life, but that does not mean that it cannot be dangerous if there is too much of it.
9.) I hate you.

KITH

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Scott1483[/nom]To the idiot above me:please die now. You know nothing of what you speak, and are also horrible at spelling and grammar. Let me show why you suck at life:1.) Global warming and climate change are two phrases to describe the same phenomenon. It has not been "changed" because scientists now think there is actually now "global cooling."2.) There is virtually no actual controversy among the legitimate scientific community (which excludes nutjob fringe scientists who have never even heard the phrase "peer-reviewed") regarding whether or not the actual global temperature is increasing. This is simply an observation based on measurements, which are rather difficult to refute. It is also accepted among the scientific community that the chances that climate change being a result of human activity are over 90%.4.) Your "fact" about volcanoes contributing more CO2 into the atmosphere over a year's time than cars is incorrect. This "statistic" originated from your hero, Rush Limbaugh, and the truth is that the chemicals emitted from volcanoes are water soluble and therefore get rained out of the atmosphere, not like the insoluble gasses coming out of your Hummer. You weren't counting on anyone knowing that your arguments were scientifically invalid, were you?5.) Carbon credit taxes are not deposited directly into Al Gore's bank account. I don't even know where you made that one up from.6.) Just because something is measured in parts per billion does not mean it is not dangerous. You obviously have no idea of the scientific context these figures are used in.7.) CO2 is used by plants in photosynthesis, but that does not mean that giving them more of it will make them more "healthy and strong." I almost was starting to relax at this point in your post because I figured you must be just joking, given the absurdity of statements like "notice how good corn tastes now?"8.) Humans exhale CO2, and it is indeed part of the circle of life, but that does not mean that it cannot be dangerous if there is too much of it.9.) I hate you.[/citation]

I believe you are little behind the times bub. Latest reports show that in fact the climate is currently cooling and will continue to for the next 10-20 years.

There is plenty of controversy in the scientific community. Every new study has a different finding.

Even if volcanic emissions are water soluble doesn't mean they get cleaned from the air by the rain. What about particles above the clouds?

I am pretty sure he was joking about the plants and corn. and yes it was funny.

Oh, and you can shut up too.

100% gore benefits from global warming concerns. He has big time ownership of C02 credit companies. He is bringing in millions.

G

Nothing new here. Greenpeace said the same thing last year... it is very political because Nintendo does not disclose their policies (or probably donate to Greenpeace)

Greenpeace does not mention the fact that Nintendo has been using a high-percentage of post-consumer recycled cardboard in their packaging since the early 1990s. The Wii packaging itself uses the same high-post consumer recycled cardboard with relatively little plastic.

Of the three current consoles, the Wii also consumes the least electricity by far. Nintendo, to me, has always been very eco friendly even if they do not publicly talk about it or flaunt it.

I just don't understand it unless it is truly a purely political play. (Besides -- criticize the Wii and you get a lot of press).

Status
Not open for further replies.