Grey Screen with Cursor Windows 10

KeltronX

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
ASUS Laptop Windows 10

I was updating a video driver a couple days ago, and something must have gone wrong because now the laptop won't boot properly. It boots to a black screen at first. If I press Space > my pin > ENTER , then it will load, and give me a light grey screen.

It seems as if Windows is running normally, but I can't actually see anything but grey and my cursor. I DID manage to get the Sticky Keys pop-up to show up at some point though.

I have tried connecting to an external monitor, but the problem persists on the external monitor as well.

I have also tried navigating blind through Task Manager to restart Windows Explorer, but that did not help either. It loaded something, but the screen remained grey.

I CAN reach the BIOS, if that helps somehow.

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH that I CANNOT SEE THE UI!

(UPDATE)
I can get it to show the sticky keys pop-up almost every time now, but when it shows up, everything freezes. I cannot interact with the pop-up in any way.

Please help!

It's past warranty, so I can't RMA.

KeltronX

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014

Is it possible to boot into safe mode without loading windows? If so, how? From what I can tell, that requires navigation through the UI.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mfenton27 Laptop Tech Support 4
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 8
C Laptop Tech Support 1