TheLegendKiller12

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
I have an MSI GT70 and the temperature rises up to 80 quite easily on even fifa 15, thus turning on the cooler booster 2 and making a really annoying sound that even wearing a headset could not avoid. Is this considered normal? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Yeah, the GT70 runs very warm. Might want to consider repasting the CPU and GPU, but no guarantee it will help much. Make sure to keep the heatsink cooling fins as free of dust as possible. What are your ambient room temps?

TheLegendKiller12

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014

I'm not sure what exactly my room temperature is, but I assure you its pretty cool. Is yours a GT70 2PC aswell? Also, I did recently clean my fan (wasn't effective) and I would much rather not repaste or do anything simply because I'm totally inexperienced. This problem has been occurring ever since I bought the laptop :sad: I mean even fifa 15 causes the fan to go crazy, Now that is so abnormal. The fan noise really makes gaming not enjoyable. Even wearing a headset didn't help. Any other suggestions :??:

I believe my model was the 895, which was the least expensive version, I think. It's the one in my sig. I added RAM and a Blu-ray burner, and swapped out HDDs. Doesn't really matter though, they all have the 1 fan cooling system.

You could try one of those cooling pads with the built-in fan(s) I suppose. Not sure what else can be done. Sorry.
Maybe someone else will have suggestions.

Solution