Firebolt1

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Hello.

Last week one of my fans in MSI GE72 2QC Apache laptop started to make really loud noise and it turned out it had to be replaced. It was left fan which should be CPU. In the end I replaced both CPU and GPU fan.

After I got the fans replaced I noticed that the new CPU fan turns on and stops after 5 seconds...Then turns on for another 5 seconds and goes off again. And it´s like this the entire time I am working on the laptop unless I turn the second fan on with the button - then the CPU fan keeps spinning without a problem (technically it is forced to spin the entire time). The worst thing about this is that every time the fan stops it makes incredibly annoying buzzing sound.

Even without the buzzing it would be weird. The old fan used to spin constantly until the temperature went down if the GPU fan wasn´t turned on. I can assure you the temperature isn´t going down when the fan is turning on and off like this.

I could maybe survive the buzzing sound when the fan turns off but not every 5 seconds...

I am looking for a help here because I want to be sure if there is nothing I can do about it myself before taking it back to the servis that replaced the fans.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any answer.