Guide for choosing a gaming laptop

Solution
1x Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A)
- Outside of U.S. Shipping Coverage: No Outside of US Shipping Coverage
- White Glove Premium Packaging: No thanks, standard double boxed packaging is okay with my order
- XOTIC Gear: No XOTIC PC Gear
- Build Time: Standard Production Time
- The XOTIC PC Difference: * 24/7 LIFETIME U.S. based technical support
* Extreme QA testing by dedicated technicians
* 24-72 Hour stress testing and benchmarking to ensure top performance and stability
- XOTIC PC Global Anti-Theft Protection: No Global Anti-Theft Protection (Options below require an operating system)
- Warranty: LIFETIME Ltd Labor* 1 Year Parts Warranty Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Technical Support (Labor through XPC)
Includes FREE...

PKpkpk

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
what size: 15
what thickness=Thin/ carrying around school a lot.
required battery life= as long as it last me 2 hours
what games do you want to play: League of legends, watch dog, GTA, Battlefield but might not be be on ultra setting normal to hight setting is good enough.
preferred screen resolution: looking forward to 3k or 4k

PKpkpk

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
jayracer7474

I am not really a fan of acer, not being offense but i don't really like the brand acer because i don't think that their laptop are in good quality built.

delaro

Distinguished
I strongly recommend Sager, all there laptops that came into my shop over the years were well built and custom. I didn't see the typical assembly line branding that you get with Acer,Msi,Dell,Toshiba and IBM. Sager uses Clevo chassis like Alienware but also offer higher quality components.

Your wanting a 4K screen, they are nice but Where's The 4K Content?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2014/08/06/the-trouble-with-4k-wheres-the-4k-content-and-will-it-be-any-good-when-it-gets-here/

I own a 4K 55inch TV and haven't been at that happy with what is out there, a few moves and some TV. Lots of sports which I don't watch nor care if they are in 4K but hey you can watch all the 4k commercials you want. Games at 4K are not in a huge selection and are much more demanding than most PCs can handle.

4K screens on laptops with 860M GPU'S is kinda of pointless "Acer", games would have to be ran at really low settings or moved to 1080 with medium settings. You would need a 980M or 970M SLI to really enjoy the quality that the monitor will give you. Watch Dogs and games coming out with a similar graphics engines need a 780M or better to sustain High settings @1080 forget about running them at 4K.

End of my Anti 4K rant, pick a Laptop with at least a 880M, preferably a 970M or better if you want something that will last you a few years. The 4K screen is a perk that will eventually be made use of.

pedrosa

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
I strongly recommended you to buy this amazing laptop now !
There is a discount for this laptop until next week. This laptop has everything you need to run any hi-end game nowadays. It's better than any other guy above me
http://bestallinonepcreview.com/shop/asus-rog-g750jz-ds71-17-3-inch-gaming-laptop-geforce-gtx-880m-graphics/

PKpkpk

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
delaro
Thanks for to comment, but is Sager better than MSI, i know that it cheaper but i don;t really know that is the built quality is good or not. I am now narrow down to 2 brand MSI and Sager, the question is which should i get and why and pro and cons

delaro

Distinguished
"Gaming" Laptops above 15 inch are going to be thick and heavy. Performance generates heat which is harder to deal with in "Thin" models.

Customize this one NP8651 28mm slim design

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP8651

15.6" 4K QFHD Sharp IGZO Display with Super Glossy Surface (3840x2160)
Guaranteed no dead or partially-lit pixels for first 30 days of purchasing
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU with 3GB GDDR5 Video Memory
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.50GHz)
IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
Genuine MS Windows® 8.1 64-Bit Edition
16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
256GB Crucial M550 M.2 SSD - as an OS Drive (Primary Drive C)
1TB 7200rpm SATA2 Hard Drive
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 M.2 AC Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Module
Fingerprint Reader

$1,954.00

Actually take this quote and see if MSI will price match. Size, Specs and build quality are about the same with these two laptops the main difference are the 3K "Msi" vs 4k "Sager" screen and the Sager version being a little thinner.

legoboye

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
The Guide for gaming laptops:

First Graphics
800M+ series from Nvidia should keep you going for sometime, I personally have the 850M and its perfect for what i do. (Minecraft at 250 fps)

Cpu:

Depending on the type of game you might wanna go with 2 -> 4 cores, most laptops have intel cpu, and look for one with hyperthreading.
And the clockspeed should be around 2,50 GHz and Boost 3,00~.

Ram
The clockspeed of the ram doesnt always matter, like in this case, I have 8 gb of ram and can upgrade to 16 gb if i wanna.
so choose one where you have plenty of ram, and upgrade if you need to.

Screen
Biggers is always better, and so is the resolution. 15,6 -> 17,3 Inches is pretty good, and go for 1080+ resolution. And find one with 60 Hz monitor instead of 30 Hz, (Hertz is a updating unit for screens and other devices. 1 Hertz, 1 update per second.

Harddrive:
If this is for gaming, i would recommend a large harddrive, with the possibility to upgrade to an SSD.

And the probably the largest problem for gaming laptops, is the noise...
some of them have bad ventilation and others sound like Jet engine, some laptops have dual fans setups which is very good for being quiet and cool.

Good Luck Mate! (M8)

I personally recommend MSI.

PKpkpk

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
yeah both laptop seem to be really good the msi and the sager has both good comment from u guys and it just that I can't really choose work one to buy, not are really powerful but one got lower graphic card ram gddr 5 3g and one have gddr 5 8g what the difference and the effect on graphic ram, it seem that I don't know any things about the graphic card ram thing.