Guitar Amplifier

G

I know this may not be the right place to ask a question like this, but I'm always happy with the advice I get here.

During the day I play my guitar amp with no issues. However, at night I have feedback problems. This only occurs at night, and I cannot recreate the problem during the day (turning on lights, other electronics, etc.) Also, this occured with a battery powered amp as well, so I don't believe it to be a electrical issue with the sockets.

Could someone be transmitting some kind of strong signal in my neighborhood? It's so bizarre it only occurs at night.

Thanks!

G

Feedback isn't the issue -- that's when a mic or guitar are too close to the speaker at high volumes.

You are suffering interference, often this is thru the mains (though as you say it's also affecting battery powered gear) it must be a radio-frequency problem.

RF interefence may be from something as simple as a baby monitor or video sender or even just a TV -- thus the timing of the problem (it's when your neighbours are home).

Most likely caused by poor screening or a poor solder joint in you amp -- see a repair guy.