Guitar Hero: Reality TV Show; WoW: The Movie?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I do not have cable tv as i dumped it over boring to me programs and to many reality shows.

i do like war movies and read alot of war history books so i might not mind a call of duty type movie if they took the time to make it good.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Cynical[/nom]This really is getting ridiculous. Activision is beating the horse to death only to resurrect it and kill it again. Don't worry though, I'm sure there's still plenty of milking to be done with the "Hero" franchise.Speculated titles coming in 2010 and 2011:Flute Hero - Jethro Tull Keyboard Hero - Yanni Saxophone Hero - Kenny G Violin Hero - Yo Yo Ma and last but not least for those who are willing to keep supporting the "Hero" craze....Skin Flute Hero - Jenna Jameson[/citation]

THIS WAS EPIC!!!!

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
4 words - Star Wars Clone Wars

a very good animated series and movie that shows the way these sci-fi/fable games should be conveyed on film. live action just can't simulate the action well enough yet and it just distracts from otherwise good story telling and animation. and for those that haven't seen any of the latest cartoon movies in HD... the depth and detail they're able to give them is amazing!

chefhusker

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
WoW movie? this isn't news, it's been floating around forever. What consumer base would even watch such a film? Most WoW gamers are too engrossed in playing to sit and watch a movie about it....
WTB new ideas for movies
Not playing Guitar Hero FTW

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
The WoW movie idea is an old one, and one that makes utterly zero sense anyway. Having Uwe Boll might actually be an IMPROVEMENT to such a thing; his trend to picking Slavic prostitutes for actresses would likely mitigate how dull it'd be to watch people try to seriously act as if they're IRL instancing for hours on end.

Also, I know I'm a huge Tull nut, but I can't help but be amused at the idea of "Flute Hero." Or at least the idea of including a flute in those toy instrument sets.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
The WoW movie idea is an old one, and one that makes utterly zero sense anyway. Having Uwe Boll might actually be an IMPROVEMENT to such a thing; his trend to picking Slavic prostitutes for actresses would likely mitigate how dull it'd be to watch people try to seriously act as if they're IRL instancing for hours on end.

Also, I know I'm a huge Tull nut, but I can't help but be amused at the idea of "Flute Hero." Or at least the idea of including a flute in those toy instrument sets.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
OH NOES!

I'll slit my wrists before paying to see guitar hero.
I'd slit someone else' wrist before even going to see it for free.

I don't walk in a section of my school anymore because emos play guitar hero there during break...

LockPick

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]4 words - Star Wars Clone Warsa very good animated series and movie that shows the way these sci-fi/fable games should be conveyed on film. live action just can't simulate the action well enough yet and it just distracts from otherwise good story telling and animation. and for those that haven't seen any of the latest cartoon movies in HD... the depth and detail they're able to give them is amazing![/citation]

Ok, the series was good, movie was FAIL

LockPick

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]cabose369[/nom]I'm down for a Call of Duty movie so long as its a MODERN WARFARE movie. Enough WW2 movies and games!!!![/citation]

Here's someone who will watch the new Terminator...

WW2 movies are gooood, except for the newer Pearl Harbor

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I could see a WoW and CoD movie.

Either is more than possible, CoD is as easy as making a WW2 movie labeled Call of Duty.

WoW would be no different than making a movie similar to Lord of the Rings. Its got more back story than 90% of the games out there, there's plenty of lore to make a series of movies without any problems.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
If we want to watch Guitar Hero we can do it already. I was watching a competition the other day on youtube and Guitar Hero website links. It's crazy what the 'experts' at the game can do. All my GF had to say was: losers!

Anyway, we don't need it on TV, there's already content like this available without the scheduling: Youtube!

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
The concert is ridiculous, but a televised GH competitions would be pretty awesome. Do a "reality show" about kids training, MTV "Made" style, and then have big Reality-TV style competitions would be pretty awesome. It'd be like PurePwnage meets Korea (think televised SC tournys.) I don't know if I'd watch it (I hate the boob-toob) but I can think of a huge demographic who would flock to it.

G

LOL everyone keeps saying the same stuff, if it's already been said that the WoW movie is old news 23423 times, why say it AGAIN?

doopydoo22

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
@invlem

I don't know if I'd align it with LotR, but your point is still valid: Warcraft is very rich in lore. Something it seems a lot of people here have ignored for the sake of hating what's popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS