Solved! hacked laptop

Jun 28, 2020
someone keeps following my laptop around. Mcafee has searched and cleaned my laptop,
I have changed windows 10 3 times with new keys. I have a dell latitude e6230 running win10 pro. It is 64bit. The hacker deleted 600 photos loads of documents. I saw a prnt scrn come on once as i was working .I even changed to another laptop with all the same malicious things happening on new laptop,have a vpn working all the time online.this idiot is most annoying . is there any one who can help me please
eddie542

Solution
Sorry for the delay. COlGeek will have handed over to someone in a different time zone but unfortunately, I've been out all day.

If it was in my shop, I'd go into Control Panel>System and go for a System Restore to take the system back to at least seven days. When that completes some hours later, look in Control Panel again, this time, look in Programmes and Features to see if, say, Team Viewer or anything along those lines, and uninstall them.
Jun 28, 2020
Reinstalling Windows (clean, full install) would wipe pictures, maybe not a "hacker".

What anti-virus/anti-malware applications are you using to protect your system?
I have full Mcafee for all anti virus,have reinstalled and bought new keys and he is still here, He phones me up silently to get onto my wifi,has got into my smart tv,by removing all channels i had.
After i get tv okay,it does not take him long to disrupt everything gain
It seems he just likes collecting all my info
eddie542

Jun 28, 2020
not really sure how to do that,be glad of any help i am 70 and not to clever with laptops,only I go on my laptop.i am constantly scanning laptop with Mcafee checking for virus and am always checking i have no cookies or trackers.
Hackers are very clever

COLGeek

Cybernaut
i only have 1 laptop and 2 smart tv on my network i am using BT smart hub 2
Start with changing the admin password on your router:

Also, change the password for your wireless network (use a complex password).

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-change-the-wi-fi-password-on-my-bt-hub

You'll need to update this info (for the wifi password used to join the network) on all of your devices.

Sorry for the delay. COlGeek will have handed over to someone in a different time zone but unfortunately, I've been out all day.

If it was in my shop, I'd go into Control Panel>System and go for a System Restore to take the system back to at least seven days. When that completes some hours later, look in Control Panel again, this time, look in Programmes and Features to see if, say, Team Viewer or anything along those lines, and uninstall them.

Solution
someone keeps following my laptop around. Mcafee has searched and cleaned my laptop,
I have changed windows 10 3 times with new keys. I have a dell latitude e6230 running win10 pro. It is 64bit. The hacker deleted 600 photos loads of documents. I saw a prnt scrn come on once as i was working .I even changed to another laptop with all the same malicious things happening on new laptop,have a vpn working all the time online.this idiot is most annoying . is there any one who can help me please
eddie542

Are you sure that this is due to someone else doing it or maybe just hitting wrong buttons when typing and selecting things? If you say this person connects to your WiFi they have to be in range of your router, which is only a few 100 feet normally. Do you see devices that are not yours connected? Do you tend to reply to emails or pop-ups that ask for your personal information?

A lot of things that people attribute to a "hacker" are just things that the people do on their own without realizing it, like hitting the wrong key by accident, selecting some options they did not notice, even things like a bad keyboard or mouse where some key is stuck. The hardest thing to troubleshoot there is that most people don't like admitting mistakes so they say things like "I never hit anything wrong" or "I know it's a hacker" which makes things harder to find what the issue is. Since computer techs can't be looking over the shoulder 24 hours a day there is no way to tell exactly what is happening, but going by the chances of someone hacking your systems even with a new laptop and deleting your TV channels vs it being issues with how you use the systems, it is more likely you are hitting some keys you don't mean to.

Most hackers don't just delete files, they send you ransom emails to try to get money from you with the threat of deleting your files.

You should get a friend or relative look over your setup and make sure your router is secured and your passwords are changed. Deleting channels from your TV should not be possible without using your remote control or hitting reset buttons on the TV, I really doubt it's anyone doing that do you. I mean first of all, why would someone take the time to mess with your TV? Do you make some horrible enemies in the past that are out to get you? Usually it's something a lot simpler than a hacker.

Last edited: