Hacker Selling Access to Gov Websites for $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
The Internet has become a game. Pretty soon we will be playing a cat-and-mouse game with each other for world domination. But, that is just a conspiracy.

I can see the headlines:

"Pentagon Up For Sale For 500 Thousand!"

droidnet

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Ha ha ha and pretty soon corporate networks will be for sale as well - now you will be able to make some money off of those.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
if i'd sold my sql injection entries i'd be rich by now ... but that would mean breaking rule #1
what a pathetic way to make money.

p.s if anyone is wondering yes government sites are sometimes easier to get into then online blog sites.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Do you want to play a game?

Does that rings any bells?

That's cheap, compared to how much trouble they can get into for doing it.

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
not really, these are just websites, not something too important
(ok, they have personal information, but they cant change anything (hoping they have backups of the databases...))

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Actually, access to those databases can prove quite useful for a social engineer. I strongly recommend reading "The Art of Deception" for a very strong dose of security wakeup call. There were some examples in there that were mind blowing.

Just websites you say... Oh, it's just the Department of Defence... Nothing important.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Access to your collage database can also be useful. Straight A's all around. Getting a scholarship would be a breeze, who cares if the education level drops.

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
i'm aware that it shouldnt be possible to get such personal information.
but in comparison of die hard 4 it isnt as important, they cant take all your money away and such... (i agree they can try to scam you, but you have to be careful about that all the time)

and about the scholarships: they did that my country once (direct access...) and they got found out rather quickly

(and i'll read that book, thanks)

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Uh huh! Anyone want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me? I'll sell it to you, all of you, each one of you, for $500K each.

Come on! People are incapable of recognizing a scam when they see one?

WTF is this world coming to...

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
What happened to the days when hacking was to simply test your skills and brag? These "hackers" are nothing more than malicious script-kiddies. Shame on you, "hackers".

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
SQL Injection should never happen. It is extremely easy to write you code in such a way that it is not possible. Best practices have been around that prevent this for the past 10+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.