Hackers Attempted to Gain AT&T Customer Account Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
It takes a rocket scientist to realize that usernames and passwords for AT&T's site are created through scripts, and that the passwords are the phone number by default.

It would take an evil genius to figure out that you can purchase things for your phone directly from AT&T's website and have it billed to your telephone accounts, with the consumer unable to see the transaction at least until their next bill arrives.

What kind of criminal mastermind could have put these two things together and attempted to exploit them!

G

they must have wanted the names of the most disappointed customers in the world

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Ha well meet fire with fire, I'm also one of those and very well gifted, try to access my account info and I will cease your pc and your lifestyle pals. I know how to find you guys, so good luck if you succeed, youll need it...[/citation]

Yeah I agree that these hackers that maliciously attempt to defraud and steal from customers should face severe penalties ...I would be for an actual loss of fingers and hands. Just remember that hackers.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
For weeks I have been getting very poorly written english messages from "ATT Support" needing me to provide my information or they are cancelling my account.

I have continued to ignore the messages and yet I am still on the internet even after several last chance messages. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.