Hackers Can Track Your Cellphone Without Your Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

if this happening 10 years ago. I will be like.
what? how? why?
but now is at 2012.........I will just be like.
ok. whatever. things happen. so. I dont give a f

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The G20 in Cannes (France) was recently saved by a Lebanese restaurant owner who found a secret file (detailing the fifth floor of the Carlton hotel where Obama was staying, escape routes, staff appointments, schedules...) forgotten by a FBI agent who had come to buy a sandwich.

The owner contacted the FBI (in the US) with his cell phone and read the file's first page to an incredulous phone operator who told him "Don't move - we're coming" and then hung up without waiting for an address. Five minutes later, two agents entered the restaurant and took the file.

Yes, they had tracked the call to the restaurant owner's cell phone - in France, thus outside the FBI's jurisdiction. Did they have a temporary authorisation from the French police force? Or did they simply ask their staff "ok you losers, who lost his file? A restaurant owner found it." "Oh shit, that's me!". This article hints at the former.

davidgermain

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
dont most have location services turned on by default so all this clever stuff with tech and code and hacks, just friend them on facebook. oh look there you are.....

d-isdumb

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
[citation][nom]davidgermain[/nom]Oh add this to tracking root kit on lots of phones, and tracking should be easy.[/citation]
Carrier IQ which belongs to the FEDS.

d-isdumb

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
[citation][nom]davidgermain[/nom]dont most have location services turned on by default so all this clever stuff with tech and code and hacks, just friend them on facebook. oh look there you are.....[/citation]
Facebook is for tools.

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
"Hackers Can Track Your Cellphone Without Your Knowledge"

If they could do it and you knew, they wouldn't be very good hackers, now would they?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]davidgermain[/nom]How long is a block? 1Mile x 1Mile 1AU x 1AU. come on ppl use mile KM Meters some sort of real distance?[/citation]

A 'block' is typically 1/10 mile or 160meters.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
On a lighter note, the cell companies have been tracking you for years. It's a relief to know that the corporations and government are still years ahead of the underground hacker community when it comes to cellular tracking.

phil8192

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
10 blocks is 1 mile, so one might locate a phone within 3.14 square miles. That's not very good in a high density urban setting, where one can easily hide in the crowd. Unless they're looking for a vehicle to go with that phone, the chances of finding the user aren't all that good.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
no problem here, they can track me if they want....it's not like they are going to kill me....wait maybe they are, lol....such paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.