Hackers Prevail: PS3 Jailbreakable Once Again

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]chaoski[/nom]PC provides everything you want and nothing you don't want. Continue to support consoles and freedom will diminish and even MORE "limited" will be the name of the game. Mark my words.They are NOT cheaper.Most people already have PCs. Video card that is equvelant to Xbox/PS3 is about 30 bucks. For $150 you can get a GREAT video card that will blow away ANYTHING Console can do and some.Games are also less expensive and unlike Xbox there is no monthly fees to play.[/citation]
Funny because games on the PC are becoming more and more limited, like always on internet connection to play even if the game only works in single player and tons of other drm.

Please tell me of a 30 bucks GPU that can render a game with the same quality of a ps3. Also most people nowadays don't even use desktops, they use laptops. There are basically two groups of people that buys Desktops nowadays, the ones that want a powerfull machine or the ones that want a very cheap computer. The one that a powerful machine won't need a decent GPU because he most likelly has one but spent a lot more than a console. The one with a cheap computer, a decent GPU won't help him much because the rest of the computer is weak.

Show me a pc at a price of a console that can play a game with equivalent graphics and after 5 years is still able to play new games smoothly.

Then there's the ease of use of using a console. If I buy a new xbox360 game for instance and the same game for the pc, on the xbox360 it will take me one of two minutes to power up the console and launch the game. I'm already playing the game and the computer is still booting, then I have to install it and only then play it.

I have a PS3, XBOX360 a WII and a gaming pc. The money I spent on the pc was way more than any console. In fact the money I spent on all three consoles isn't even half the money I spent on the pc.

rykh

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
Hopefully sony realizes, the hackers do not do this to have a jailbroken PS3. Hacking is the hobby, the enjoyment. Presenting more challenges only encourages it. The harder the challenge the bigger the thrill it is.

G

It's funny how ppl first said.. the PS3 will never be hacked. Now it has

Then ppl say ..it's not fully hacked, thats where CFW comes into play (being worked on by Team Hades, C4EVA and Team Jungle as we speak)

Also.. AP25 for 360 as someone else posted has already been bypassed. lol. You clearly are in a world where you think change can't happen.. it's called LT+ and it is being released in the next few weeks.

Lastly... @Decap1tator. It's not that PC Gamers want to talk down to ppl.. it's the ignorance of many console gamers that really annoys us.
Things like: PS3 is way better than PC, it has 8 cores. Dude.. only like 2 of the cores actually do anything.. it is not a true 8-core.. hence NOT 8 core.

Console gamers are for the most part ignorant.. talking out of their @ss with no knowledge. Not all, but many.

You have PC to thank for you COD.. and many other games.

PC gamers have a lot of pride, maybe too much at times
Console gamers tend to be ignorant (most, not all)

Ignorance vs Pride = Flame Wars

I play games on all platforms btw!

And yes, the PS3 Will be fully hacked eventually. You open one door, you can open them all.
It starts slow... as with the PSP, 360.. You just need a open door to crack it wide open.

And yes.. I find it unlikely that 3.42/3.50 will be hacked.. but why when you can downgrade?
its like the PSP

1. Downgrade FW
2. Employ Hack
3. Install CFW.
4. Load CWF to current FW on games.
5???
6. Profit!!!

"Earlier this week we reported on a dev named graf_chokolo that was working on decrypting firmware files. Today we've found out that he's been successful in his work, and has publicly released a payload to complete the task of firmware decryption. His payload isn't for the meek, its really only useful in assisting developers. However, I'd suspect more user friendly tools will come from the work graf_chokolo has put in place"

Progress is made.. it's not overnight....
If you can downgrade & if you can install CFW, tell me how Sony can keep up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
henrytcasey Streaming Video & TVs 2
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 4
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 8