Hackers Prevail: PS3 Jailbreakable Once Again

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rykh

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
Hopefully sony realizes, the hackers do not do this to have a jailbroken PS3. Hacking is the hobby, the enjoyment. Presenting more challenges only encourages it. The harder the challenge the bigger the thrill it is.

G

It's funny how ppl first said.. the PS3 will never be hacked. Now it has

Then ppl say ..it's not fully hacked, thats where CFW comes into play (being worked on by Team Hades, C4EVA and Team Jungle as we speak)

Also.. AP25 for 360 as someone else posted has already been bypassed. lol. You clearly are in a world where you think change can't happen.. it's called LT+ and it is being released in the next few weeks.

Lastly... @Decap1tator. It's not that PC Gamers want to talk down to ppl.. it's the ignorance of many console gamers that really annoys us.
Things like: PS3 is way better than PC, it has 8 cores. Dude.. only like 2 of the cores actually do anything.. it is not a true 8-core.. hence NOT 8 core.

Console gamers are for the most part ignorant.. talking out of their @ss with no knowledge. Not all, but many.

You have PC to thank for you COD.. and many other games.

PC gamers have a lot of pride, maybe too much at times
Console gamers tend to be ignorant (most, not all)

Ignorance vs Pride = Flame Wars

I play games on all platforms btw!

And yes, the PS3 Will be fully hacked eventually. You open one door, you can open them all.
It starts slow... as with the PSP, 360.. You just need a open door to crack it wide open.

And yes.. I find it unlikely that 3.42/3.50 will be hacked.. but why when you can downgrade?
its like the PSP

1. Downgrade FW
2. Employ Hack
3. Install CFW.
4. Load CWF to current FW on games.
5???
6. Profit!!!

"Earlier this week we reported on a dev named graf_chokolo that was working on decrypting firmware files. Today we've found out that he's been successful in his work, and has publicly released a payload to complete the task of firmware decryption. His payload isn't for the meek, its really only useful in assisting developers. However, I'd suspect more user friendly tools will come from the work graf_chokolo has put in place"

Progress is made.. it's not overnight....
If you can downgrade & if you can install CFW, tell me how Sony can keep up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.