Hai. My computer Acer windows 8 cannot detect my printer Canon E400. Please help me...

lucky_16

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I bought a new Canon E400 printer and already install it using the provided dics. But my laptop Acer cannot detect it. It try connet it with my friend laptop Asus and can be easily use without installing anything. Why my laptop cannot detect it? Please someone help me.

Solution
By software application I mean any program that can print. Could be that some program changed the default printer.

Did you get the error code when you attempted to access "Devices and Printers"?

I googled "Error code 0x80071A90" - only time for a quick look at things but the code does not seem applicable. Could be a failed update....

Please google the code to see if any of the results you see relate to your computer and its configuration.

What error message(s) do see?

How are you connecting: USB, network (wired), network (wireless)?

If USB check the USB port and the USB cable - try another working USB cable.

Does the Canon E400 appear in Device Manager? Is the Canon set as the default printer?

Try a "do over" and reinstall the printer drivers - very easy to miss something or make an incorrect selection during the setup and configuration process.

lucky_16

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

lucky_16

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I used a USB cable. I have try to reinstall it but the same problem still occur. The printer do appear on device manager but when i want to print, it said that no printer installed.

lucky_16

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

lucky_16

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

By software application I mean any program that can print. Could be that some program changed the default printer.

Did you get the error code when you attempted to access "Devices and Printers"?

I googled "Error code 0x80071A90" - only time for a quick look at things but the code does not seem applicable. Could be a failed update....

Please google the code to see if any of the results you see relate to your computer and its configuration.

Solution