Solved! Haier led tv 32 hd problem at 1920 x 1080 resolution

leebishop

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I just bought HL32XSL2a 32" LED TV to use as a computer monitor connected via HDMI. IT looks great at 1366 x 768 resolution but does not not fill the screen. It has a black bar across the top and bottom of the image. The Haier picture and text image quality looks bad at 1920 x 1080 true HD resolution. What's up? How do I correct it?

Solution
I fixed it by updating the ATI Radeon HD video driver of the PC to the latest version and by turning off MJC motion-judder-control of the Haier TV which was set to ON by default for all HDMI inputs and OFF for the TV VGA input so I assumed it was not a good thing for a TV display. That combined with adjusting the image scaling took care of 90% of the problem and a little tweaking of the color, contrast, brightness, etc. took care of the rest. It now looks fantastic at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Amazing PC image on this TV.

leebishop

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I fixed it by updating the ATI Radeon HD video driver of the PC to the latest version and by turning off MJC motion-judder-control of the Haier TV which was set to ON by default for all HDMI inputs and OFF for the TV VGA input so I assumed it was not a good thing for a TV display. That combined with adjusting the image scaling took care of 90% of the problem and a little tweaking of the color, contrast, brightness, etc. took care of the rest. It now looks fantastic at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Amazing PC image on this TV.

Solution