Halo: Reach Owners Reporting Disc Read Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Xbox 360 20GB model owner here. I swapped my HDD out to a larger 120GB HDD. For one reason and a very good reason. Complete game install. I suppose the disc read error is happening to those who haven't installed the game on their 360 HDD. Installing the game serves three benefits :

1)faster loading times
2)Disc is only read at application startup(to verify you actually bought the game)
3)Saves wear & tear on game disc(s) and dvd-rom drive

I have yet to encounter this error message. But it doesn't mean I'm immune to it. Hopefully it wasn't a disc manufacturing blunder aka Halo 3 scratched disks. At least the halo 3 scratched disks problem was only cosmetic in nature.

G

Wow!! I remember when I had my old 360 (before i sent it in for a replacement after a RROD), I used to get disc read errors on halo 3 all the time. 360 has sure had some hardware problems in this generation, much worse than Ps3 and Wii I'm afraid...

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Geesh, what are these kids DOING with their Halo discs?[/citation]

Do you really want to know? I know I don't.

aaron92

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Geesh, what are these kids DOING with their Halo discs?[/citation]
Let's all jump to conclusions that it's automatically the consumer's fault.

ಠ_ಠ

aaron92

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Hmmmm PC gamer here, hugs thy GTX 460.[/citation]
I'm a pc gamer but I've always loved the Halo series, being a fanboy of anything is not a good thing.

Consoles are fun too, and plus not everyone can afford a X58 system with a 200$+ gfx card.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I may buy this game, the graphics look good and I have a hdd to copy it onto. too bad the competition doesn't let you do that!!!I remember the original xbox having the SAME issue.

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I'm a PC Gamer and I thought my money was better invested in a $600 Phenom II X4, Crossfire gaming system that also doubles as a computer than a $600 off the shelf computer and a $300+ console (including games, controllers etc) that is 4 years old graphically.

oh and halo is boring.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Runs just fine in my limited edition halo reach console.

I guess it's a good thing I sold my old one a few months back. It was either near or was a xenon version that I would bet money that it'll red ring again at some point. "Recently manufacturer refurbished" was in the listing and somebody still paid $150 for it, though I had added a 120 gig hard drive. (a regular WD one)

G

by this point no one should be holding out with a 20GB HDD. I was a launch owner and went through 6 Xbox's with my 20GB and in the end buying the SUPER expensive 250 GB was the best thing that i did. Install to HDD. If not the 250 at least get the 60GB and only install the current games you're playing.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
It is a small number of customers, you know like the ones that complained when $ony removed otheros :). (me being one of them lol)
Companie$ always try that excuse .

jetstorm19

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
.I'm a PC Gamer and I thought my money was better invested in a $600 Phenom II X4, Crossfire gaming system that also doubles as a computer than a $600 off the shelf computer and a $300+ console (including games, controllers etc) that is 4 years old graphically.

oh and halo is boring.

I'm guessing you're not very aware of specs on consoles but for a 4yr old machine they're actually pretty good. I'd to see someone 4 years ago build a 3 core Xenon PC and only spend $300.

And as far as Halo being boring...thats your problem if its boring to you.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Some of the discs simply weren't burned correctly. When you go to burn tens of millions of discs, a few thousand aren't going to work. This happens with every major game release. MS has a very nice policy on it compared to some companies, though. They'll replace the disc for free.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Maybe because some of these discs have been spinning non stop for a few days now.
I'm surprised my roomies disc hasn't just melted inside my xbox by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.