Hands-on: Sony Finally Launches PlayStation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaquith

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
^Please ban this Spammer!!!

Phones (iPhone & Android) are killing this market, and with very few exceptions (3D) the days of dedicated handheld consoles like the PlayStation are numbered.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
That'd be right, it's supported on a whopping 0.5% of phones that people actually buy.
Hope they don't expect a lot of games sales with the what, 10,000 people that own the supported phones?

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Yeah, we don't care about 3rd-party titles and indie developers on Playstation Mobile, Sony. We can already get indie and 3rd-party titles elsewhere. The only thing anybody was looking forward to (including myself) was Playstation Classics. The pathetic game line-up along with the dearth of supported platforms makes me just totally not excite.

Put up Playstation Classic titles, and for chrissakes get more handsets supported. Maybe then anyone will actually care.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Not surprised, called it from the start. Sony really just doesn't care at all about their customer's satisfaction. It was definitely promised, hell they even promised PS2 games on it. There are two possibilies. Either they were so incompetent they didn't line the games up before making those promises and they fell through, or more likely they lied from the start to hype up the otherwise lackluster phones and tablets for a couple years before deciding they couldn't string it along any further. If gamers were smart consumers they would have been setting up massive and justified boycotts the first few times Sony gave them the shaft. Instead they will still drool over whatever the PS4 promises next year and forget that Sony never keeps their promises. The one game Sony should have on every platform is Lemmings, their fanbase would enjoy it. Don't care what exclusives they have or how good it looks, every dollar this company makes supports their unethical business practices.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I always love how people underestimate the mobile gaming market. Nintendo should have partnered up with a phone manufacturer long ago, and released a nintendo phone with something like this. Microsoft could have easily released an XBOX phone or something, but that company is no longer relevant in anything, with the exception of Halo.

I want to like this, but Sony has had a history of boasting their products and not delivering. Really hoping that this inspires more phones like the Xperia Play though. I am loving that phone, thanks to emulators.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
So we get Playstation Mobile, but we don't get Playstation games...

Well done Sony, I think you're on to something here!

Status
Not open for further replies.