Happy 25th Birthday, Classic 8-bit Nintendo NES

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTDuro

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
hmm yesterday? i played punch out and contrat lolol i found my old NES this week and plugged it on my main TV .. Legend of zelda (golden cartridge) is insane on a 53'' tv lololololol ocarina of time is nothing against this classic XD kd

jerfle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
I remember having to put band-aids on my thumbs just to save the princess who was always in another castle. Bitch got around!

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I never had a NES but I remember playing it loads at a friends. Mario Bros. FTW! :D

I grew up with the Sega Master System instead, which was also pretty awesome :D

naipe

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
I remember playing Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt with my mom. She used to jump at the same time she pushed the jump button on the controller. Leyend of Zelda.... Epic!!!! Battle of Olympus, Bionic Commando, Contra, Rygar... Do I need to say more. Oh, I still own a NES, SNES, GameBoy, Nintendo DSi and a small chunk of Nintendo Stock...

symetrixpc

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
I kept stealing money from my parents and running off to the arcade. Nothing could dissuade me, not even the beatings I received as a result. So for my 8th birthday they bought me a NES with Zelda and Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I never stole money and went to the arcade again. I am however still a raging video game addict, playing 3-5 hours daily (more on weekends). That's great parenting right there. Thank you mom, dad.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]symetrixpc[/nom]I kept stealing money from my parents and running off to the arcade. Nothing could dissuade me, not even the beatings I received as a result. So for my 8th birthday they bought me a NES with Zelda and Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I never stole money and went to the arcade again. I am however still a raging video game addict, playing 3-5 hours daily (more on weekends). That's great parenting right there. Thank you mom, dad.[/citation]

He's not safe out there on the streets, getting his gaming from who knows where... I think it's best... if we become his own dealer, and he gets his high in the safety of his own home. *queue dramatic music*

G

LOL -- my favorite memory of the NES is that my parents wouldn't allow my brother and I to have one in the apartment -- they were staunchly anti-video games, not out of any prudish sensibility, but because they believed it to be an unhealthy pursuit for a child. Needless to say, that made my brother and I covet video games even more, because all of our friends had a NES. I did manage to swing a Sega Genesis by junior high school, so I guess my nagging wore them down, eventually...

naipe

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]He's not safe out there on the streets, getting his gaming from who knows where... I think it's best... if we become his own dealer, and he gets his high in the safety of his own home. *queue dramatic music*[/citation]

I remember all my friends playing for crazy long hours daily and then flunking in school... Yep as Nice and Smooth once rapped: "too much of anything really makes you an addict!"

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Good times. My top 5 NES games:

1. Castlevania
2. Contra
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Mike Tyson's Punchout
5. RBI Baseball

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Ah 1985..I remember when forum SPAMMERS didn't exist...

My fondest memory was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. The secret to eternal life. Until Game Genie! Nothing like moon jumping in Super Mario Bros. 2 or infinite energy in Mega Man!

Avro Arrow

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
My favourite games from the NES:
5.) Metroid
4.) Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
3.) The Legend of Zelda
2.) Faxanadu
1.) Tecmo Bowl

To date, I still think Tecmo Bowl is the greatest video football game of all time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.