ashleynichole0322

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I changed the Cooling fan in my laptop and now that it is all back together it is giving me a hard drive not installed error.
I have tried an alternative power cord and hard drive also getting the same error.

Solution
ashleynichole0322, re-open the laptop to reseat all cables especially the hard drive cable if there is 1. also reseat the hard drive it self. the laptop does not have to be screwed together to test the hard drive is connected & seen properly.

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there ashleynichole0322,

That is unpleasant. :(
So the drive is not recognized by BIOS right?
In my view, you need to attach the drive to another system in order to be sure it operates properly. You can either attach it externally via SATA to USB adapter or internally through SATA + power cables.
In case it get recognized over there, you can test it with some of these: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

If the drive get recognized by the other system just fine and it passes the SMART report, my suggestion would be to contact a repair shop.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

ffg7

Splendid
ashleynichole0322, re-open the laptop to reseat all cables especially the hard drive cable if there is 1. also reseat the hard drive it self. the laptop does not have to be screwed together to test the hard drive is connected & seen properly.

Solution