My keyboard and trackpad don't work for some reason. I read on the internet that I have to do a hard reset (taking out the battery and disconnecting the AC cable, than holding the power button for 30 seconds) to make it work again. So my question is how to perform a hard reset if the battery is INBUILT. I looked into the user manual of my laptop but I couldn't find anything. My laptop works with a USB mouse and keyboard, and the laptop keyboard works in BIOS. I also tried to find an option to disable the battery in BIOS but couldn't find anything.
There's actually a way to do a hard reboot the laptop by removing the battery.
- First here's a video guide on how to disassemble the laptop.
- Once the battery is out, unplug the AC adapter as well then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then put everything back together then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, use the USB keyboard and mouse to do some other troubleshooting steps.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard and touchpad driver.
- Last option if all these will not work is to reinstall Windows itself.
- Here's a guide: http/www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2330507/factory-reset-lenovo-windows-laptop.html