Hardware Question for VR

Apr 7, 2018
So, I am thinking about getting a VR system. My current hardware is a bit on the old side now but I haven't come across any games yet that my PC couldn't or stuggled to run, quite frankly every game I played thus far with this set-up has run like a charm..

I have done the checks for both Oculus and HTC Vive. Vive's check said that my specs were in order. However Oculus's said that my processor doesn't meet the requirements. So, I found that to be a little odd but I'd thought I had a second opinion here because I just want to make sure.

My specs are the following:

- 18 Gigs of RAM
- INTEL i7 CPU x 980 @ 3.33GHz (12CPUs) ~ 3.3GHZ (So basically the Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 980X)
- NVIDIA GTX 970 ll 4Gigs
- X58A - UD7 Motherboard

I hope someone can help me out.

Cheers! :)

Solution
LA Noire requires a Haswell CPU or newer, because the AVX2 instruction is required. But that's a rare exception. For most other things, your CPU should be more or less acceptable, especially if you can overclock it a little.

Sakkura

Distinguished
LA Noire requires a Haswell CPU or newer, because the AVX2 instruction is required. But that's a rare exception. For most other things, your CPU should be more or less acceptable, especially if you can overclock it a little.

Solution