Hardware repair guide suggestion/comment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narashima

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
hi all!
thanks for the hardware repair guide.
i have a Toshiba Satellite P300-16E and the build in DVD drive Matshita DVD-RAM UJ 850S makes some problem. when i insert a dvd its played normally, but when the drive stands still and it should be started from a programm or application, then the drive will start and soon stop again, and start again, stop again and so on, like the DVD couldn't be read. the only solution is to open and close the drive, then the DVD will be read normally. i reinstalled the driver, but it didn't help, so i think it might be a hardware problem and i contacted the Toshiba service, as i still have warranty. they told me that i can only send the drive, and don't need to send the whole laptop. but now i don't know which screws i have to open to remove the DVD drive, does anyone know that particilar laptop?
thank you very much for your help.

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
need a little help >_< i have a Dell Latitude D600 that i want to give to my little bro.... only problem is the thing wont turn on. unless i apply pressure to the correct spot on the case (actually right a above the battery and yes the battery is firmly seated) and then dont jostle the case at all or it shuts off. any help would be grand... i wonder if a soderpoint has let go?

Narashima

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

i did 2 weeks ago, still no reply....

belladonna

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread originally, i didn't notice the bit asking for comments to be posted here (despite the bright red type - doh!)

The machine in the tut, the Satellite A100, looks identical to the Equium A100 and i was just wondering if they're basically the same inside too? Also, if it turns out they're totally different inside, does anyone know if the cpu in the equium A100 is removable?

I have an Equium A100 027 that belonged to my partner and i need to replace the cpu, or at least i think that's what it needs to get it working again.
The machine will no longer power up and before it died completely, it used to suddenly cut out with no warning while in use. This would happen whether it was running on mains power or from the battery.
The period of time it would take before the machine would cut out gradually became shorter and shorter - it went from lasting about an hour or two until eventually it wouldn't even stay on long enough to finish POST.

By the time i got my hands on it, the machine was basically a doorstop. I think the cpu had been running too hot, maybe the fan wasn't spinning fast enough or something, and its caused permanent damage to the cpu over time. Which is why i want to replace it if possible and save myself the expense of buying a new laptop.

Any advice or tips would be massively appreciated. I'm not confident when it comes to poking around inside laptops so i need all the help i can get!!
Thanks, B :)

Jaimy96

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
To go on where we left:
A little BB hit my LCD, and i cant use it anymore.
Insurance company said: Take out your harddisk, so you still have your files if we take your laptop permenantly.

So thats why i wanted to know how the harddisk looks like, or where its placed in my Toschiba Satellite A100-510, be4 i take out the wrong thing :)

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
I mean that, for instance the T4*p series has a modem / bt daughter card with an antenna running the left of the LCD. The antenna looks similar to wireless. Just something I'd point out because people can and will get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.