Have to drag and expand to see picture on TV from Laptop

taubebee

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I*** Ok i now got my picture, I am trying to figure out now how to get the TV to show what is exactly on my screen. Right now I have to drag window off to left then I can see it on my TV. Once it is on tv I expand to watch my Hulu/Netflix. All I want is to have show on my laptop to my TV. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. ( I have Windows 7 if that helps)

I think it's just a matter of once the dual screen is set up, making the TV the primary display. How you do that depends on what graphics your laptop has, but it's something you configure in Windows Desktop (Intel graphics), NVidia Control Panel, or AMD Vision Control Center. Look for swapping displays.

-Wolf sends

agree...

right now you have it set to "extend my desktop" instead of "copy my desktop"

you want it to display what you have on screen right now.

UNLESS... your tv and laptop screens are different resolutions. if this is the case then just change the output mode so that your monitor on the laptop shuts off (use external monitor as primary device). you will need to fn+f8 (or whatever the code is on YOUR laptop) to revert the display mode back to normal when you are done.

a second question may come up which is "why doesnt the image fill the whole screen" which could be caused by the above or by overscan/underscan which is an option found in your graphic card driver program.