HDD Indicator light constantly on

Jackey Force

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH35EN 3 years old laptop, now after completing its 3rd year I am experiencing a problem i.e the HDD indicator light is constantly on and my laptop slows down, the problem is so disgusting whenever I turn my laptop on for general working it starts to hung up and freeze. I am thinking the problem lies in the HDD I think which I have never replace the laptop came with genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64-Bit and using for 1 year when Windows 8 Pro released I bought a original copy from amazon and now two years passed I am using windows 8 Pro 64-bit. Before when I received this type of problem when I format the drive it fixed but now after formatting also same problem is occurring show I do a HDD replacement please help guys. I also have a fully updated bitdefender antivirus

Solution
try this use f8 safe mode. see if the laptop in safe mode runs better. if it does run ccleaner...defragler...use msconfig and in the start up tab turn stuff off. just leave your anti virus on. scan with malware bytes and hitman pro. also if your anti virus is old update to one of the newer free ones. the last issues is system ram..at some point if your old laptop has 4g or less ram it time to put more ram in if you can. also run hdtune and check the hard drive health. the last issue is cpu thermal paste may be drying out causing the cpu and rig to throttle back.
try this use f8 safe mode. see if the laptop in safe mode runs better. if it does run ccleaner...defragler...use msconfig and in the start up tab turn stuff off. just leave your anti virus on. scan with malware bytes and hitman pro. also if your anti virus is old update to one of the newer free ones. the last issues is system ram..at some point if your old laptop has 4g or less ram it time to put more ram in if you can. also run hdtune and check the hard drive health. the last issue is cpu thermal paste may be drying out causing the cpu and rig to throttle back.

Solution

Jackey Force

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

My antivirus I fully updated bitdefender and my laptop uses 2GB ram with Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit

nukemaster

Distinguished
You do not have allot of memory so some swapping of data from memory to hard drive is going to happen for sure.

[strike]Performance[/strike] Resource monitor is built into Windows and may allow you to see just what is using the hard drive.

If you are worried about drive health, Please try something like CrystalDiskInfo to see the drives current health status.
http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

Jackey Force

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

piriform speccy is showing my hdd status is good
iplxliEIj

nukemaster

Distinguished
It may be worth looking at the S.M.A.R.T attributes section as well, but yes it looks ok.

Does the resource monitor(no clue why I called it performance monitor, my bad) show anything interesting for you(Start search for resource monitor). Select Disk