HDMI 4ports switcher with audio outputs portta

Sep 24, 2018
ok hooking this up for neighbor,problem is Samsung 50" 4k smart tv only has 1HDMI and 1HDMI arc,she has verizon cable box/samsung curved soundbar/samsung blueray player/ now got google home and chromecast ultra.I had everything hooked up an working fine, until google home and chromecast, so after reading enough to give me a headache got portta 4port switcher played all day trying to get everything working and at one point actually had it. Not realizing that google home with chromecast does not change tv channels with verizon cable box.Problem she can live with, question is what is the correct method to hook all this up.Have pictures of all the backs of everything being used if that helps.Just didn't want to waste all day again hooking everything up...Any help would be Appreciated Thanks Bill sorry never gave hook ups....samsung soundbar has HDMI(arc) this went to back of TV HDMI(arc) samsung blueray player HDMI went to samsung soundbar HDMI ,verizon cable box HDMI went to only HDMI ON tv....after Chrome cast HDMI went to only HDMI tv and samsung blueray player went to HDMI SPLITTER in . HDMI splitter out went to soundbar HDMI in..I think

Sep 24, 2018
hi and thanks for your answer, yeah that i knew about harmony but for now she is on limited budget and can't see spending that for voice activated change channel,There is always a cost factor to become smarter/lazy LOL I did find how to connect it once but stupid me, unhooked everything to get change channel, until frustrated, found out about harmony. Now just have to go back over there and start again with hooking it up, will get turn on/off tv and google play You tube movies and net flicks will have to be happy with that for Now. But do want to Thank you for giving idea and link.Always Appreciate any advice(knowledge) that can use or not, at least know someone reading my question...Keep up good work and will be back to look at more advice and Knowledge LOL