Solved! HDMI ARC Doesn't Work On Soundbar With PS4 Plugged To The TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2018
I have a Yamaha Yas-207 Soundbar plugged into my Samsung TV via HDMI ARC. Everything works fine when I have only the cable box and the soundbar plugged with HDMI cables into my TV. However, when I plug my Playstation 4 to the TV with an HDMI cable, the HDMI ARC stops working with my soundbar. I can't control the volume or turn it off/on with my TV remote. It seems like the TV is recognizing the Playstation 4 as the HDMI receiver instead of the soundbar and I have the soundbar connected to the HDMI ARC port on my TV. It's odd because when i disconnect the Playstation 4 HDMI cable from my TV, the soundbar starts working again with HDMI ARC.

I don't want to use the optical cable because if I have a HDMI ARC port on my TV It doesn't make any sense by not using it.

Solution
Try turning off CEC in the TV.
If you have to use the optical connection don't worry about it. Sound is the same and you don't lose an input. ARC was originally for AV receivers where you saved having to use an additional cable.
Dec 27, 2018

I am having the same issue. I have a Sony Bravia 4K TV connected to a Sony HT-XT2 sound bar via the HDMI4/ARC port on the TV. I setup the Bravia Sync to use the sound bar, and all works fine. Sound comes from Soundbar and Tv remote adjusts the soundbar. Connected a Sony BluRay player to HDMI3, works perfect, sound through the soundbar. Then it got stupid...

Connected my PS4 (mind you not powered on yet) to HDMI2 (and HDMI1 and 3 were also tried with no change) and the TV switches the sound to the TV speakers and disables the soundbar. Disconnect the PS4 cable, sound switches back to sound bar. It so far has made no difference whether the PS4 is on or off, what HDMI port I use on the TV, or whether I use digital audio from the tv to soundbar. As soon as the hdmi cable is plugged in, the soundbar is disabled. I have also tried different HDMI cables too, no change... I am stumped... Any/all suggestions welcomed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.