HDMI connected tv blurry

Jamima56

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I recently got a new laptop and connected it to my tv through hdmi, and the displays extremely blurry and isnt fitting in when I click the "Auto Adjust" feature on my tv

Does anyone have any solutions?

Solution
Most sub £600 laptops have a low resolution screen, which do not match TV 1080 or 720 resolutions. The mismatch will be the cause of the blur.

Try the function button Normally (fn_+f2) or similar until only the TV screen comes on and the laptop screen turns off.

Go to display settings and change the resolution to 1080 or 720 depending on your TV

This should fix it.

beegmouse

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Most sub £600 laptops have a low resolution screen, which do not match TV 1080 or 720 resolutions. The mismatch will be the cause of the blur.

Try the function button Normally (fn_+f2) or similar until only the TV screen comes on and the laptop screen turns off.

Go to display settings and change the resolution to 1080 or 720 depending on your TV

This should fix it.

Solution

Jamima56

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I have a $2500 dollar laptop so I don't think it's a money issue, my TV has a greater resolution than my laptop since its a 42" LG

Doing the fn+f2 trick didn't seem to do the trick. Been trying this for hours now, with different HDMI cables

Xill

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
LG has a setting for PC. In the input menu choose the HDMI what you will use and push red button on your remote now you can choose PC(it has a laptop icon).

Jamima56

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I just tried that before and it didn't work. This is really frustrating me. Anyone else have any other solutions? It looks like my TV is stuck in my Laptops resolution so it isnt giving me a good image.

Jamima56

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Scratch that, TV resolution is right. 1920 X 1080, which is the resolution of my laptop screen right now . God this is frustrating. Anyone have any other answers? Don't know why this is marked as "SOLVED".

random reader

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
the price answer was totally ridiculous. and what the hell? Jamima56 does not seem to have chosen that answer as the BEST solution, so way to go Tom's hardware.... to the problem now: i had the same problem with my PC MONITOR LG Flatron E2260 LED HD on 6670 HD ATI/AMD so not just your problem and not just about HDTVs... i had Blurry or Scaled black borders problems with my PC. only best option when using an HDMI cable was 1680x1050 resolution and all else had Either black border or were blurry... what i did for reaching to NATIVE 1920x1080p recommended with HDMI cable = (Physical) went to monitor buttons >Menu>Display >found that OVERSCAN was set to ON and I Turned it OFF so you do that too with Your HDTV just keep searching till you find it with remote or buttons or whatever.... (virtual) then I went to my ATI Catalyst Control Center software >My digital Flat-panels > Scaling Options(Digital Flat-Panels) : and set Scaling Option to 0% zero percent and THAT WAS ALL (for me of course) and there is this link to read half of the answer from that guy named SAUT helped me :
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/365266-33-hdmi-text-fuzzy-works-fine#7465402
its just possible that u need to check your HDTV settings manually too and make a balanced mixed with ur GPU and for laptops better to use your non-onboard graphic card(ati or Nvidia.etc)

beegmouse

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Cleartype settings?
Or TV settings? Some TVs have postprocessing to smooth image quality which doesn't work well for text.

Have you tried a different device? Console, PC etc.

Dunno how it got marked as solved, somone must have clicked it.