HDMI connection from TV to surround

smnorthstar

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I have a new LG smart TV with HDMI ARC connection. I originally set it up with the HDMI cable that came with the sharp surround system and it worked fine. After a couple of months the TV started blinking occasionally and the satellite repair man said it was a faulty HDMI cable. The amp for the surround sound has ARC HDMI connection and so does the TV. I used a new HDMI video cable and assumed it would give audio as well but now the surround amp is not getting any signal from the tv and can not be paired with subwoofer. Does anyone know what kind of cable I need to get the sound to work on surround sound unit?
I have set the tv sound to external ARC connection and followed all the directions for the surround sound set up but can't get the amp and subwoofer to pair.

A good HDMI 1.4 cable (with ethernet) should work fine. Looks to me like you have the settings for the TV correct. As for the subwoofer 'pairing' with the amp, i presume you are talking about a bluetooth system? This wouldn't have anything to do with the HDMI cable for ARC.

A good HDMI 1.4 cable (with ethernet) should work fine. Looks to me like you have the settings for the TV correct. As for the subwoofer 'pairing' with the amp, i presume you are talking about a bluetooth system? This wouldn't have anything to do with the HDMI cable for ARC.

smnorthstar

Prominent
May 18, 2017

smnorthstar

Prominent
May 18, 2017
Thanks Kenton82
I will purchase the HDMI 1.4 cable with Ethernet and try this. As for the pairing it says it's Wifi in the set up instructions. I have the other setting on the amp set to digital. Not sure whether the signal is digital or analog?

Great, ok! The signal will be digital from HDMI.
K.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Parsa_kh Audio 3
A Audio 1
S Audio 0
R Audio 10
B Audio 5
2 Audio 3
T Audio 0
M Audio 2
D Audio 4
ardacavdar Audio 1