HDMI Input to RCA Audio output Sharp TV

eggman123go

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
My PS3/PC is connected to my Sharp TV using HDMI, and I've connected an older JVC receiver to the TV using an RCA cable, but the sound is still playing from the built in speakers. Any way to fix this?

Solution
Without model numbers we can't give you an exact answer.
It's not clear whether you are getting sound through both the TV speakers and the JVC or just through the TV speakers.
1. Check the TV menu. You may have to turn the audio output on, the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
2. The audio output of the TV is usually fixed so you can turn the TV volume all the way down and the sound will still come from the JVC. Muting the TV might work but the onscreen display usually shows that which isn't acceptable.
Without model numbers we can't give you an exact answer.
It's not clear whether you are getting sound through both the TV speakers and the JVC or just through the TV speakers.
1. Check the TV menu. You may have to turn the audio output on, the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
2. The audio output of the TV is usually fixed so you can turn the TV volume all the way down and the sound will still come from the JVC. Muting the TV might work but the onscreen display usually shows that which isn't acceptable.

Solution