Solved! Headphone Specs, Meaningless Numbers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waleedfsd

Great
Feb 23, 2018
So I have question about all the youTubers recommending Headphones like Audio Technica m50x or some Expensive SennHeizer headphones with specs like 32 ohms Impedance and 400mm drivers and frequency range of 20hz-20khz

BUT all these headphones are expensive as hell (At least where i live) and there is an alternative HyperX Cloud Pro these headphones are cheaper than All the above and have better Specs than all the Above with 60 ohms Impedance and 53mm Drivers and Solid Frequency range and 98dBSPL/mW at 1kHz

So Why aren't all youtubers recomending this? are they not better, Numbers say they are... Do the Numbers mean nothing than and if so than How do actually tell if the headphones are good? Is the Only way to know is to try them Out yourself or listen to an opinion of another person or a YouTuber?

Solution
D
The Hyper X is a rebranded, modified and retuned Takstar 80. They're good for the cheap price. They aren't what you would call audiophile or natural sounding. Any 'gaming' headset is going to be colored and tuned for gaming. Not tuned to sound natural for music. The Takstar the HyperX is based on is one of the better choices under $100.
The only specs for headphones and speakers are the ones that tell you how to use them. The impedance and efficiency dictate how much power they need.
I also suggest Grado as an option. Certainly an audiophile headphone and great value. Not bright or boomy. Build quality is fine but not stellar. At this end of the price range you can have ear jewelry OR good sound. If you can listen for yourself that would be best.