Headphones and earbuds only playing sound out of one ear.

wyattcsingleton

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
Hello, I am writing this post because recently, both my bose sport earbuds and my skullcandy headphones have started only playing sound in one ear. I've been looking for a solution for a while, and going to the sound settings and balancing worked the first time, but it stopped working a few seconds later and I haven't been able to get it to work again. I tried plugging them into my phone and got the same result, them only playing sound out of the right speaker. If anyone knows a way to fix this, it would be very much appreciated.

Solution
Two things can be wrong here, the jack is broken that you are using or the headphones are broken, either the jack or a wire is loose in the headphones. Nothing you can do outside of fixing the hardware. If they both do this on several devices, then the headphones are the ones with the issues. Where the issue is, no way to tell without actually starting checking all the connections and soldering wires.
Two things can be wrong here, the jack is broken that you are using or the headphones are broken, either the jack or a wire is loose in the headphones. Nothing you can do outside of fixing the hardware. If they both do this on several devices, then the headphones are the ones with the issues. Where the issue is, no way to tell without actually starting checking all the connections and soldering wires.

Solution