Solved! Headphones and External Microphone Not Working (USB Interface)

Totoh

Commendable
May 8, 2019
I have both external microphone and headphones with microphone plugged in a USB port. However, the external microphone suddenly stopped working when I set the headphones as my default playback device. If I replugged the external microphone, the headset will stop working. I don't know why is there a conflict between the two hardware devices. How can I use both devices simultaneously?

Solution
I have both external microphone and headphones with microphone plugged in a USB port. However, the external microphone suddenly stopped working when I set the headphones as my default playback device. If I replugged the external microphone, the headset will stop working. I don't know why is there a conflict between the two hardware devices. How can I use both devices simultaneously?

Should be able to, the playback device would be the headphones, go to the sound options again and select the input device to that external microphone. When you say "headphones" are they actually headphones only or a headset with a mic built in? Either way, you should be able to set the Input device to what you want.

Should be able to, the playback device would be the headphones, go to the sound options again and select the input device to that external microphone. When you say "headphones" are they actually headphones only or a headset with a mic built in? Either way, you should be able to set the Input device to what you want.

Solution