headphones not working

caremal5

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Hi, I just received a pair of kingston hyperx cloud 2 headphones, plugged them in with the usb control box and theres no sound at all, if I plug them in with the headphone jack they work though. I've checked under sound in control panel and there's a little red arrow pointing down next to them, not sure what this means though. Also my motherboard is an asus p8z77-v if this makes any difference.

Solution

Hi caremal5,
It sounds like the HyperX Audio driver may not have installed properly. Try uninstalling the driver, disconnecting the USB, rebooting the computer and then reconnect the USB to the ports on the back of your desktop. If the result is the same, check to see if there are any updates for your USB ports on ASUS's support site...

Iamsoda

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

I would try a different computer to narrow it down.

kingstonhq

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

Hi caremal5,
It sounds like the HyperX Audio driver may not have installed properly. Try uninstalling the driver, disconnecting the USB, rebooting the computer and then reconnect the USB to the ports on the back of your desktop. If the result is the same, check to see if there are any updates for your USB ports on ASUS's support site.

Also, as suggested by Iamsoda, try the USB sound card on another computer to see if the same thing happens or not. If not, then there is most likely something going on with the computer. If it is the same, then there is more likely something going on with the USB sound card. Good news there is we can replace the USB sound card under the headset's 2 year warranty.

For any further assistance, please refer to case SR257819 and contact us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT or online: http://www.kingston.com/company/contacts#tech

Thank you for using the HyperX Cloud II!
-Jewel @ Kingston US Technical Support

Solution