Headphones only playing in one ear

Joe_Porter_23

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
My Monster DNA On Ear headphones only play out of the ear cup in which the cable is plugged into, if some pressure is applied to the band just above the ear on the side that is not working, both cups play audio. It is definitely the headphones, as they have been tested on multiple audio devices.
Any ideas? They were really expensive, and I'd rather not ship them off and have to wait 3 weeks to get them fixed. Thanks very much.

Solution
Go to any electronics store and say you have a loose cable that needs to be soldered in place. The job should take a few seconds.

I don't know how much they would charge. I would recommend to buy a soldering iron and a tube of solder. It shouldn't cost more than $20. Soldering is a good life skill to know.

All you need to do is look for the loose connection, find where it's soldered in place, then use the soldering iron to melt the solder and make a secure connection with the cable.

watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6BMEDrqLDE

The difference will be that your cables are already soldered, but you will need to resolder the one with the bad connection.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Sounds like a loose connection. Do you have any experience with a soldering iron?

If you can disassemble the housing and get to the driver you should be able to easily solder the loose cable in place.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Go to any electronics store and say you have a loose cable that needs to be soldered in place. The job should take a few seconds.

I don't know how much they would charge. I would recommend to buy a soldering iron and a tube of solder. It shouldn't cost more than $20. Soldering is a good life skill to know.

All you need to do is look for the loose connection, find where it's soldered in place, then use the soldering iron to melt the solder and make a secure connection with the cable.

watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6BMEDrqLDE

The difference will be that your cables are already soldered, but you will need to resolder the one with the bad connection.

Solution

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
You are most likely to have a busted/broken wire than loose wire, it's the proper term for those technical (technicians) and they may charge more for busted cable so be prepared as it will take them more time to cut the wire stripped the coating of the bare wire itself and solder and they may do it on the other side if the wire isn't long enough to reach one end. Loose wire only require soldering the loose wire.