Headphones similar to the sennheiser momentum 1.0 over-ear??

CostaP

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Can someone recommend headphones similar to the sennheiser momentum 1.0 over-ear...but cheaper haha. I

Looking for a pair that has similarities to the sennheiser momentum 1.0. So they would be:

-Over ear (I dont want huge 'ear cups', if thats the correct term, that covers half my head as well.
-Look Good
-Do not want earcups that look wide on the head (to give you an example if it helps, the sennheiser urbanites which I bought were too wide on my head, although they were on ear and hurt after a while)
-Between £40-£100
-Can be used for the PC as well

If you need any more information just ask. I know I am being quite picky and specific, but I want to find the 'perfect' pair of headphones for me. Oh, and I want the music to sound nice as well on them haha! :)

Solution

No, you are using the default one (the NVIDIA that is the second is for the DVI output) probably is the default MB one, a Realteck probably on most of the MBs, if you put your mainboard model i could give you more details.

If you have one and you like it, if it's not broken use it, and if it's broken... get a new one? ;)

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

I would say the Grado SR80e if you could get a good price.

It's impossible to recommend the "perfect" headphones to someone because it's mainly subjetive the quality and taste of any headphones. I could find wonderfull a neutral sound from for example a AKG550 and someone feel that i lacks bass and is "soulless", also deppends a lot on the sound hardware you have (for example some headphones sounds wonderfull with proper amplified soundcards but sound terrible otherwise).

If you want "the best headphones" your only option is going to some shop and try a lot of them till you found the ones that sounds better for you.

CostaP

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. And yes you do have a point, different people see different headphones as being the best for themselves. I guess I got a bit lucky with finding the sennheiser as being 'perfect' for me.

I will probably have to look up headphones that do not look too wide on the head. But they again, its different for everyone

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Sennheiser is a very good brand (and maybe only mildly overpriced over their quality). Most of sennheiser headphones are very neutral (specially the momentum), and if you like the momentum they have the point to go to neutral sound headphones.

Anyway, if you like the momentum 1.0, at least in my country they are at your price cap of £100 at amazon.co.uk, go for them probably you are not going to find anything that sounds even near at 40.

Just a question, on the PC you use the MB soundcard?, what model?

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

No, you are using the default one (the NVIDIA that is the second is for the DVI output) probably is the default MB one, a Realteck probably on most of the MBs, if you put your mainboard model i could give you more details.

If you have one and you like it, if it's not broken use it, and if it's broken... get a new one? ;)

Solution

CostaP

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
My motherboard information is MSI ms-7808

Also, nothing is wrong with the headphones, its just that I realised now that I did not need to spend so much on them (around £160 at the time), and so would like to get my cash back and buy cheaper ones. Yes sound quality might differ, but I havent had other headphones before to really compare and contrast with sound quality

TRENDING THREADS