Headphones with exposed wire connection

mikec82

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
We have a conference room where each seat has its own speaker, which is connected to an outlet via a (excuse my lack of audio terms knowledge) red and white wire that is slightly exposed at both ends on the tips. I would like to find out if there is a type of headphone that, instead of having a stereo tip like normal, would have the two exposed wire tips that could plug directly into the outlet. My boss is slightly hard of hearing and would benefit more from a pair of earbud headphones with sound coming straight from the main system, rather than a desktop speaker that isn't very loud.

mikec82

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Or even if someone could tell me what that type of connection is referred to as, I am just not sure how to find that type of headphone online. What I'm looking for is a pair of earbud headphones , but instead of a 3.5mm connection at the end, it would be just two exposed wires that would plug into a port. From what I'm picturing, the port has something you pull down that locks the wire into place.

red+white you say? do the female ports look like the females on this photo below? if so then its rca and would make a bit of sense.
p116_036p2.gif

but from what you said bout locking bare wire in place that makes me think perhaps speaker wire connnectors which are normally black and red like below.
10-Pcs-4-font-b-pin-b-font-Red-and-Black-Spring-font-b-Push-b.jpg

if you could give me the model number of the speakers or a link a photo to them i could instantly tell you.

ScottSmithEE

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know if you ever got a response, but if it's the bottom picture that you have, you can literally just clip the end off of any pair of headphones, strip a bit of the end of each wire, and stick one wire into each color of jack.