Headphones with exposed wire connection

mikec82

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
We have a conference room where each seat has its own speaker, which is connected to an outlet via a (excuse my lack of audio terms knowledge) red and white wire that is slightly exposed at both ends on the tips. I would like to find out if there is a type of headphone that, instead of having a stereo tip like normal, would have the two exposed wire tips that could plug directly into the outlet. My boss is slightly hard of hearing and would benefit more from a pair of earbud headphones with sound coming straight from the main system, rather than a desktop speaker that isn't very loud.

mikec82

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Or even if someone could tell me what that type of connection is referred to as, I am just not sure how to find that type of headphone online. What I'm looking for is a pair of earbud headphones , but instead of a 3.5mm connection at the end, it would be just two exposed wires that would plug into a port. From what I'm picturing, the port has something you pull down that locks the wire into place.

ssddx

Glorious
red+white you say? do the female ports look like the females on this photo below? if so then its rca and would make a bit of sense.

but from what you said bout locking bare wire in place that makes me think perhaps speaker wire connnectors which are normally black and red like below.

if you could give me the model number of the speakers or a link a photo to them i could instantly tell you.

ScottSmithEE

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know if you ever got a response, but if it's the bottom picture that you have, you can literally just clip the end off of any pair of headphones, strip a bit of the end of each wire, and stick one wire into each color of jack.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alec S Audio 1
everyos Audio 4
Ayeebeezy94 Audio 1
johnmetro Audio 1
dSparks94 Audio 1
sadra84 Audio 0
B Audio 1
M Audio 1
wimpymike Audio 2
sad-panda Audio 0
A Audio 0