Headset for gaming +/- Soundcard

TunisianGamer

Estimable
Mar 24, 2015
Hello, I'm a casual gamer. I'm planning to build a pc.I bought a Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard. I want a good gaming headset for less than 70$ and I can't make a choice between these three :
Logitech G430
Steelseries Siberia V2
Plantronics GameCom 780
All I want is a good surround sound and good quality. I dont want the headset to break in 4 weeks. I'm not sure if I need a soundcard like the Asus Xonar DX with the headsets. Help please

Solution
I have the G930 which is the wireless version of the G430. You install a software driver/control panel that drives the 7.1 - no sound card required. It does take CPU cycles but I've not noticed an impact on a modern quad core. I did have to go into the advanced settings in the control panel and reduce the pre-amp setting to eliminate a bad bass rattle. Had for three months now and like it. I do remove them by holding the top, not the cups, to reduce possibility of breaking them.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I have the G930 which is the wireless version of the G430. You install a software driver/control panel that drives the 7.1 - no sound card required. It does take CPU cycles but I've not noticed an impact on a modern quad core. I did have to go into the advanced settings in the control panel and reduce the pre-amp setting to eliminate a bad bass rattle. Had for three months now and like it. I do remove them by holding the top, not the cups, to reduce possibility of breaking them.

Solution