Headset is either being detected as a speaker or the mic just isn't being detected. Razer Electra v2 3.5mm headphone jack.

Dec 29, 2018
My Headset's (the Razer Electra v2) mic is not working. it is not showing up in the recording devices and the only one there is my built in laptop mic. The audio is still working and is in the playback devices. My thought was that the headset may be being detected as a speaker or headphones only instead of that plus mic. I'm not sure how to fix this problem and have not found anything helpful on either google or youtube.

Could be because your Razer Electra has a single (combo) 3.5mm jack-plug, but your PC has separate jacks for earphone & microphone. In that case you need an adapter which separates the headset's combo plug in to two separate ones to match what your PC has. Something like this (for illustration purposes only, not a product recommendation);

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-Splitter-Computer-Microphone-Connector-Gold/dp/B07D47RTS2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546071185&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=headset+splitter&psc=1

Dec 29, 2018

Sorry to get back to you so late. My laptop only has the all in one jack and the microphone that is there is saying it is the digital jack. The speaker port i spoke of my headset being possibly registered as is said to be connected via the 3.5 mm jack front panel. The exact one my headset is connected to.