Headset is not considered one device on windows 7 64 bit

TheSilenceIsVast

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
I have a Razer Kraken pro.
My computer is a desktop, and therefore has a front set of mic/headphone outputs and a full back panel. I'm pretty sure I have an AMD HDMI sound card plugged into my motherboard, but I don't use it. I have the Intel Display Audio (No clue what that is.) and the Realtek High Definition Audio, which I'm using.
I have my two Kraken connectors plugged into the front, and a standard set of Dell speakers plugged into the back. However, when I pull up Realtek HD Audio Manager, it seems to think that
1.) My headphones are two separate devices, one for the mic and one for the actual speakers on it.
2.) There is no difference between the headset speakers (front) and the Dell speakers (back).
So, my questions are:
How do I get Windows or Realtek to accept that my headphones are one device? and
How do I get Windows or Realtek to figure out that the device connected to the front port is not the same device connected to the back port?

Thanks in advance,
Silence

Solution
That's a good question, and one I've never figured out. All my systems fail to work independently when I have speakers plugged in the rear and headphones in the front. I generally quit trying and started just connecting whichever I was going to use into the front port when I want that device to be used. Not too sure on the two device part either.

Since it doesn't have a combo jack, I imagine it has to be two devices since it's using two separate ports.
That's a good question, and one I've never figured out. All my systems fail to work independently when I have speakers plugged in the rear and headphones in the front. I generally quit trying and started just connecting whichever I was going to use into the front port when I want that device to be used. Not too sure on the two device part either.

Since it doesn't have a combo jack, I imagine it has to be two devices since it's using two separate ports.

Solution

Bergloch Holmes

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I am having a similar problem and really would like to solve it. With speakers plugged in to the rear audio output and headset plugged in to the front I only get one device in my audio manager. I would like there to be 2 so I can switch between headphones and speakers without having to physically unplug something.