hey so I have a windows 10 HP laptop and I just got a brand new HyperX Cloud Core headset and it works perfectly fine on my phone and the sound qualities are amazing on my laptop but when I go into steam, discord etc no one is able to hear me, I need help figuring out how to get the microphone on my computer to work. Thanks!
And ps. The microphone and headset itself are plugged in correctly so it has nothing to do with that.
Are you sure that the jack you are plugging into is actually input/output? If it isn't, and is only output, then the mic will never work in it. Also, which seems to be happening with a lot of laptops recently, if the jack is actual a dual one, but a cheap version, then it really won't work either.
If the jack does say it is dual, you can try the following and see if the mic shows in "Control Panel'.
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".
Should it not show, and none of the above resolves it (or the jack actually is output only) then you may want to consider a 3.5mm to USB adapter. They are really cheap and it would bypass all these issues that a 3.5mm jack can have.