Dec 31, 2013
Hey everyone, I just have a query about something audio related.

I'm going to be streaming/making videos soon and I don't know whether getting a Siberia Elite gaming headset is better than a separate headphones and microphone set up. I'm looking to spend up to £140~ on this. I'm assuming the latter is better although I at a loss to what headphones and microphone I should buy. I was thinking maybe the snowball microphone, but like I said I am not entirely sure.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
They're both two very different setups. You will get better quality audio from a mic with popshield + headphones but you won't be able to turn your head or move much; you will need to train yourself to remain within distance while doing what you do. The best equipment for a novice is a decent quality headset that'll be comfortable for potentially long sessions.

Good luck!

Trenchcoat

Honorable
May 7, 2013
They're both two very different setups. You will get better quality audio from a mic with popshield + headphones but you won't be able to turn your head or move much; you will need to train yourself to remain within distance while doing what you do. The best equipment for a novice is a decent quality headset that'll be comfortable for potentially long sessions.

Good luck!

Solution
Dec 31, 2013

Thank you very much. Guess I'll upgrade further down the road with a microphone once I get a little bit more money. Much appreciated with the speedy reply and thank you for the luck!

TRENDING THREADS