Question Headsets vers Openback Headphones

Sep 1, 2022
Hi Guys I am looking to get a headset or open back headphones . I have seen some really good deals on Amazon and the list as follows. It really is difficult to choose which system to have as there so many out there.

1. Sennheiser HD 599 €79.00
  2. TechnicaATH-M30x €67.0
  3. Philips Fidelio X2HR €108.00
Headset: Now before I go any further ,my real requirements are that I don't really want a Mic or fancy RGB or gimmicks to these headsets that come with them , surround software (Not convinced). I have really only picked 3 in my price range as follows.

1. HyperX Cloud II €64.00
  2. Razer BlackShark V2 79.48
  3. SteelSeries Nova 3 (just come out this month) €109.00
  4. SteelSeries Nova 1 (just come out this month) €69.00
So my needs are really just gaming watching movies and u-tubing content. I really don't listen to music files that much.
Now I have quite a old mother motherboard MSI Z971AC and it has the realtec codec ALC892 audio. Would this be sufficient to run the open back headphones above.

I am really just looking for a good overall package for under €100 if possible. I would grateful for any advice and comments. on here. Also how far have headsets have come to match good headphones in the last 7 years. I am just better off sticking to the better package that comes with the headsets mentioned above. Thanks.(y)(y)

Last edited:
Without listening to them you will not be able to pick one that you like yourself, only opinions on others. Most of what you are looking at are "good". Of them all I would pick any of the headphones over the gaming headsets. None of them would need an external amp to run. The Philips Fidelio may be the best overall, but I find them a bit heavy to wear for long periods and not as comfortable as my Sennheisers or the cheaper Phillips SHP9500 but those cheaper Phillips are not quite as good.